BOAT

Never had any issues on that lane, the only one close by were the farmer is a grumpy twat is Derby Lane

I am not sure but I was led to believe that Derby lane becomes a footpath halfway down and away from Monyash. Old lad put a big foookoff boulder to note the fact. I may be wrong but that could be the reason Paul.
http://www.cyclinguk.org/derbyshire-byway-open-traffic-derby-lane-monyash

The landowner (Duke of Devonshire) is trying to get downgraded, there will be a PI later this year to decide its fate, or that's my take on the current situation. Until the PI rules I can't ride it I still will - :D

My understanding (undoubtedly limited before anyone says so!) was that the farmer had an issue with 4x4s hence the nature of the fortifications!
PS I could be wrong . . I was once in 1967 - I think it was!!:augie

The lane was always very vague as to which way it went from the new "boulder" placing. I would always try and find a nice way to cross the fields. I would sugest that it seems marked up as a footpath from the rock on my maps but everyone cant just roam the blokes land (maybe some were just fooking about all over the fields which had stock in last time I rode it) I know 99% of us respect and try to be as carefull and correct but once again its the friggin knobs that do spoil it all over the peak district, not just this lane. The chap could maybe help himself by marking up better the way to go rather than blocking or being a knob himself. Knobs are knobs and all that. The dukes a nice chap and he does have a nice pad - but he dont like motorbikes - one of his servants told me at a party there where me and Janet was invited as "a bit of rough" :D

https://maps.derbyshire.gov.uk/connect/analyst/?mapcfg=portal

click accept and submit then look around the map for the lanes that are open (and its up to date)

I transferred them from here onto Mapsorse a few years ago as start finish WPs but of course the map dosent give clues to how severe they can be. Maybe best to no go down with a 1150 or 1200 to check them out.
I did my own classification a few years ago with green Blue then RED routes.
If yer all get yer heads together yer could do a new classification of the lanes 2016. I do know me way around and some of them are not easy so maybe dont do them on yer own. I have been upside down and hit stone walls broke me ankle and got stuck. and that was the best day !!! I will share my old info but you will have to be aware they are not up to date regarding them being open ( closed ones usually have nice rectangular signs telling yer so !!!. Also they may have changed severity with some being affect by either floods tractors or even being Tarmaced.
HTHY
MIck :thumby:

Can't work out what to do with the purple map that comes up - it has a menu for all sorts of stuff, but off road routes isn't one of them! What is the term on that list for the lanes please?

The landowner (Duke of Devonshire) is trying to get downgraded, there will be a PI later this year to decide its fate, or that's my take on the current situation. Until the PI rules I can't ride it I still will - :D

PI?? What is a PI please. I wish people would use the words, so we could all understand!

King rat Do you have a gps or have you purchased any up to date Ordenance survey maps ??
Are you prepared to go out on yer own and are you capable of pickin it up yerself ??
If no to any of the above find someone who will show you around and take a pen and paper to record your findings.
More after yer answer :D

I'm racing next weekend but will be looking for a day in the Peaks over the bank holiday weekend - :D

King rat Do you have a gps or have you purchased any up to date Ordenance survey maps ??
Are you prepared to go out on yer own and are you capable of pickin it up yerself ??
If no to any of the above find someone who will show you around and take a pen and paper to record your findings.
More after yer answer :D

I have a sat nav, but only know how to use it by putting in a post code and following the red line! That is as much as I know how to do - forget linking it to the computer, Lee came round and put the Euro maps in it for me, because I couldn't even do that. I can't work out what you do with the Map Source thing. I much prefer a paper map - I have the yellow topped Landranger one of both white and dark peak......some lanes around Uttoxeter, but I have only walked them with the dogs. Not confident I could get down all the way and I can't afford to drop it - no I doubt I could pick it up other than on the road. I would love to go out again - I went with Skygod, but it was in April I think - so I have forgotten what we we taught already!

Back
Top Bottom