Collector boxes - Really good news

This was mine with the Y-piece, rear wheel on a dynojet. I'm running the smaller carbs which is intended to make for a more torquey response.

The Innovate is very useful, I've certainly found a correlation from road to dyno but never compared it back-to-back. They don't like the magnetos on my vintage bikes!

Can't fault the quality

D9DD807F-41E4-4BE4-B6A5-ADEF136F974B_zpss5frr6fc.jpg

Lovely ....

It's funny isn't it how we all ( most anyway ) whip these things off new bikes and old for " Y" pieces. Perhaps now most will do a U turn and head back to standard ?

Ironic really... But what's not to like about a lovely old standard airhead ? :D

Get it fitted Rob and give us the low down plse .;)

Oh hang on you've already got one on..:blast

Am I right in thinking these are good old fashioned mild steel, not stainless?

Yup, quality chromed though ! Most were only taken off because they had rotted through and replacements were not available. When I get back from sunny France I will probably treat myself to one of these.

Yup, quality chromed though ! Most were only taken off because they had rotted through and replacements were not available. When I get back from sunny France I will probably treat myself to one of these.

Sorry all sold out now.
But thanks for your interest. :D

I've got one you can have Kenny :augie

The trouble with fitting a fancy collector box is your down pipes look like crap. Another order sent :blast

BSM%20bochten.png

Rob , fuck off and stop posting temptations !!

Can't you polish up the old stuff ?
anyway on a side note the Denso has landed :D, looks almost too good to hide .

Interested though that there is no mention of " nippendenso " anywhere to be seen, no serial number nothing , apart from a 3mm square with some secret code in it on the gloss body of the starter.

It looks a lovely bit of kit though...:cool:

The chromes gone through on my original pipes. I was toying with getting them ceramic coated but I don't think it would look right.

This was my ND when it was shiny and new

687520dc393eb92ed4ec39f462cc7bd2_zps1f28e921.jpg

The chromes gone through on my original pipes. I was toying with getting them ceramic coated but I don't think it would look right.

This was my ND when it was shiny and new

687520dc393eb92ed4ec39f462cc7bd2_zps1f28e921.jpg

Pretty.......! almost want my 2 year old Valeo to fail so I can treat myself......

I

Or perhaps a nice bit of hipster exhaust wrap:D

So am I right in thinking that if I already have downpipes with a balance pipe I can change my collector box for one of those nice equal length Y pieces with no detrimental effect on the smooth running?

So am I right in thinking that if I already downpipes with a balance pipe I can change my collector box for one of those nice equal length Y pieces with no detrimental effect on the smooth running?

Nope!

I had to cut my collector box open last year because there was a lot of stuff rattling around inside. I ended up removing most of the internals and welding it up again. It's done a good few miles since with no noticeable difference to how it runs.

I do need to balance the carbs though, but that's more of a throttle cable thing and has only become noticeable in the last 200 miles or so.

Back
Top Bottom