Collector boxes - Really good news

feckin ell, Kenny posted that he just bought the last one in Uk, will there now be panic amongst owners of old and slightly rusted boxes who might have thought of squirelling one away for posterity ?

Well collected the OE collector box today and at the rather healthy price of £258 decided to get my full monies worth before fitting it :spank!!
Went on very easily ( just back-off the header nuts half a turn etc ). Not road tested yet ( hey Dr Who in an hour then copious amounts of alcohol etc :beer:)

Attachments

• IMG_0218.jpg
    IMG_0218.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0220.jpg
    IMG_0220.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0222.jpg
    IMG_0222.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 192
My OE silencer rotted out 10 years ago but the collector box is still solid although lots of bits were rattling around inside. So I cut it open and removed the loose stuff and welded it back up. It's been good for 10k miles since and I've not noticed any difference in running. I need to get an entire new exhaust and plan to go for the Boxer Supplies one with the balance pipe and proper Y piece.

It really WAS copious amounts of alcohol !! :beer:

Now, bit disappointed really...ticked over a tad faster so sorted that big job :D ....... but TBH I don't think it is worth the extra from my Y piece....maybe a long run into Nazi Wales will convince me ?:nenau
Sounds like a proper BMW again though........the 'rorty' exhaust note has gone ( and so has my Y piece so no going back :blast!)
Even fitted lower s/s footpegs and shortened the gear change:banana
Next will be a J F seat cover off Eblag :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom