Collector boxes - Really good news

Rob Farmer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Got a tip off today about genuine GS collector boxes being made again- Rang Pidcocks and they are available again for £215 + VAT which isn't too bad at all. There are 300 available in Germany

:beerjug:

Erm what's a collector box :surrender:surrender:surrender

On airheads its usually the first muffler or box where the 2 downpipes enter and the usually single exhaust leaves, mostly situated betwen the gearbox/centre stand and rear wheel. ish.

On airheads its usually the first muffler or box where the 2 downpipes enter and the usually single exhaust leaves, mostly situated betwen the gearbox/centre stand and rear wheel. ish.

I don't feel such a twat now for not knowing that :D

Just speak to your BMW dealer Jim - Part number 18121452394

What bikes does that part number fit Rob, my 80 Basic has the " Y" piece at the the moment, are there advantages to re fitting a new box box ? Re jetting etc needed ?:nenau

If you put the part number into realoem it will give you a list of the bikes it fits - basically all paralever gs bikes.

It does make a difference to the way the bike runs. The low and mid range improves compared to the y piece and obviously it's what your bike was originally jetted for so standard jetting.

If you put the part number into realoem it will give you a list of the bikes it fits - basically all paralever gs bikes.

It does make a difference to the way the bike runs. The low and mid range improves compared to the y piece and obviously it's what your bike was originally jetted for so standard jetting.

Ok cheers Rob.

Whoever buys one first, please give a review, comparing it to a keihan ( which is what most of us have ) :)

Your rattling and farting about on your poor running, keihin y pieced old snotter and you still won't believe a proper collector box improves things :rolleyes:

My GS runs great with a Keihin Y piece, it has been carefully setup and jetted on the dyno. The bike has R100RT bottom end and barrels (long story) mated to the original R80GS heads which are twin-plugged. The engine was put together by Andrew Sexton some years back.

Rob, my question to you is am I likely to see much improvement with a collector box? I know I'm happy enough with the setup 'as is' but could I be happier still? I guess it would need more time on the dyno to optimised the jetting with my setup.

The only way to find out is to fit one and try it.

I put in some dyno time with and without the y piece do I know what my preference would be

Dyno.jpg

I was going to order two, but if its a feck about with jets and dynos etc ..

Hmm not sure
My 100 PD has one fitted, my 80 Basic is on the " Y " piece, haven't a clue what make it is.

Don't mind being the Guinea pig but I'd struggle myself to set it up with jets etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom