Which tinted screen R1200GS WC

Groucho

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Advice needed on which to buy. Needs to be a tad taller than standard (but not too much bigger) and still adjustable.

Any help would be appreciated. :beerjug:

Thanks for the replies gents. I did like the look of the puig but thought it could be too tall. I will discount that one now as the standard one is almost tall enough.

Has anyone got the Givi adventure style fitted? It's available at Nippy Normans and looks like what I'm after.

I have a Puig screen also. Cracking screen, I often ride motorway speed with the visor up for periods of time, almost no wind at all. It is taller in the low position than the standard screen is in its tallest position. That should give you an idea on size.

I fitted the GIVI adventure style screen. A great improvement over the original, would recommend it to anyone.

Hi Goldfinger, how did the size compare to the standard screen?

And thanks again all for the info. I think now I know the Puig is taller in the low position than the high position of the standard means it would be too tall for me.

It's about 2 inches taller and a bit wider. I think it's exactly the same size as a standard GSA screen. I also prefer the Grey tint which I think really suits the bike.

Original BMW GSA tinted screen,works a treat;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 1,277
Thanks Goldfinger, sounds perfect for my needs. BMW one looks fantastic by the way although I imagine it's quite expensive.

Groucho.

I have the MRA. it has the deflector on the top and that keeps the midge spats off the wife's visor, so happy wife = total happiness.

Thanks all for the input everyone. I've just ordered the Givi adventure style from Nippy's.

Thanks all for the input everyone. I've just ordered the Givi adventure style from Nippy's.

Groucho

I have the Givi adventure screen from Nippy and it's great, but think about the strengthening brackets, it does get a wobble on at speed especially if it's in the higher position, the brackets sort it. Daft really but you could buy three of these for the cost of the BMW adventure screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the Cymarc screen support brackets, no wobble from my Puig.

Thanks chaps, I did see the brackets for sale too and wondered if I would need them. Sounds like I will.

At £69 delivered it looks a bargain and I think the strengthening brackets were only about £20, so not a bad price.

My GIVI screen doesn't wobble at all. I would try it first without the brackets if I were you.

Thanks Goldfinger, I will give it a go before I shell out any money. It's in the post so looking forward to giving it a try.

Groucho

Back
Top Bottom