New scrambler

A deputy Head Teacher ought to know what the words 'Engineer' and 'Scrambler' mean - but you are only a deputy so I will excuse your ignorance.

P.S. Well actually there is no excuse for a teacher being so lacking in ability - but hey I guess it is a sign of the times.

Can't say I've seen anything you've posted that convinces me you're in any position to judge (and BTW there's a lamentable lack of SPAG in your post!).

Iv got the r nine t love it runs bar risers and all day comfy even with the stock seat which looks rock hard...the scrambler well its got knoblies higher bars fork gaitors on conventional forks and a one piece seat...guessing the knobs are gonna make it handle like shite..mine handles fantastic although i agree they are just sunny day posing bikes....lol

Picked mine up today
Lovely :D
It goes well, much better on the on road tyres great gear change , neutral handling and you can throw it about with ease
Roomier than the R9T but my GSA is like an armchair in comparison
A nice basic bike, looks easy to look after and sounds amazing with the stock pipe
Lovin it :thumby:

So come on ... you've had it a little while now .... whatd'ya think? :nenau

Scrambler

This is what you need dude..

Attachments

• IMG-20161126-WA0000-800x450.jpg
    IMG-20161126-WA0000-800x450.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 518
Already got one :D

P9300076_zps3phj76ld.jpg

P9300097_zpsqb50o9rb.jpg

Getting back to the BMW Scrambler in question I went to Chester BMw to sit on an R1200RS as I was interested in the one for sale on here but I didn't like the riding position so I tried a Scrambler .

Much more comfortable, loved the seating position . It's a proper sized bike , not a bloody great SUV of a bike like my Crosstourer. I like the fact that it's a lot simpler than a current WC GS and having put 35k on a 2011 GS twin Cam I know that it has plenty of power .

I am now listing after the new Urban but can't really stretch to the purchase price of a new one :(

So come on ... you've had it a little while now .... whatd'ya think? :nenau

I love it . Been away in Vietnam for a few weeks and busy since but took it out at the weekend and it's just a great bike. Simple fun to ride and handles like a proper bike. Not many toys on it but that's what I like about it. Even my wife likes it and she hates my GSA and T Max:D
I guess it's a great thing to have in the garage, not as your only bike, but as a second to either of my others it's fantastic. I love the look, the riding position and the noise it makes. Makes you feel connected like your bikes of your youth ( for me T500's H1A's ) vibrates a bit but you can wring the shit out of it and be excited rather than scared . Handling is good, nice to have abs and you know it will start and keep running better that some lash up from "the shed" :green gri
Yep you should get one, reckon you would love it too:thumby:

I was waiting for the Urban GS and when I saw it at the NEC I felt a little underwhelmed so have been scoping for a Scrambler

There are plenty available in dealer's showrooms (September really is a stupid time to launch a new model) with some selling off very low mileage demos for a grand under list. One dealer even offered me £500 off a new bike over the phone :clap

I may pay them a visit this week with my trusty pliers in hand to squeeze a little more out of them :D

Ive ridden all the 9Ts. I think they're the most fun out of BMWs whole line up. Practical, No !!! Fun... Lots.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

I was waiting for the Urban GS and when I saw it at the NEC I felt a little underwhelmed so have been scoping for a Scrambler

There are plenty available in dealer's showrooms (September really is a stupid time to launch a new model) with some selling off very low mileage demos for a grand under list. One dealer even offered me £500 off a new bike over the phone :clap

I may pay them a visit this week with my trusty pliers in hand to squeeze a little more out of them :D

There are 2 at Chandlers in Brighton . Tell them Dr Rob sent you:D:thumby:

I was after the Urban as well until the guy on the NEC told me it wouldn't be available until September!
My local dealer has a scrambler demo which he has painted white and added a single seat and I was getting a good deal against my 1190 adv but head has won over heart as I'm heading to the Pyrenees and picos in the summer and I don't fancy carrying 10 days luggage on my back.
I've ordered an Africa Twin for January.
Maybe when the touring stops i'll get one:rob

I have a pic if anyones interested

I was after the Urban as well until the guy on the NEC told me it wouldn't be available until September!
My local dealer has a scrambler demo which he has painted white and added a single seat and I was getting a good deal against my 1190 adv but head has won over heart as I'm heading to the Pyrenees and picos in the summer and I don't fancy carrying 10 days luggage on my back.
I've ordered an Africa Twin for January.
Maybe when the touring stops i'll get one:rob

I have a pic if anyones interested

picture please:thumby:

Back
Top Bottom