New scrambler

I was after the Urban as well until the guy on the NEC told me it wouldn't be available until September!
My local dealer has a scrambler demo which he has painted white and added a single seat and I was getting a good deal against my 1190 adv but head has won over heart as I'm heading to the Pyrenees and picos in the summer and I don't fancy carrying 10 days luggage on my back.
I've ordered an Africa Twin for January.
Maybe when the touring stops i'll get one:rob

I have a pic if anyones interested

Pre NEC a salesman told me it would be around June for the Urban , he initially thought it was New Year until he asked the boss. We were both surprised as its only a few bits that make it a GS instead of a Scrambler or a Pure. He quite rightly pointed out I could have a Scrambler now and 'turn it" into a GS over time ........

Pre NEC a salesman told me it would be around June for the Urban , he initially thought it was New Year until he asked the boss. We were both surprised as its only a few bits that make it a GS instead of a Scrambler or a Pure. He quite rightly pointed out I could have a Scrambler now and 'turn it" into a GS over time ........

Did they give a reason why it would be June?

So, with the delay on the Urban, I'm wondering how easy it would be to take a new LC R1200R, and turn that into an R9T, or similar bike. Wunderlich did it with a GS, but not an R.

So, with the delay on the Urban, I'm wondering how easy it would be to take a new LC R1200R, and turn that into an R9T, or similar bike. Wunderlich did it with a GS, but not an R.

Why not just buy the Scrambler and get Tunneruk to work his magic ;)

That would be might thoughts too :thumby:

Lots of new Scramblers sat unsold in dealer showrooms waiting to be had. The savings you will make buying now on a no part ex deal could be used to turn it into an Urban or something a little more unique at minimum cost :D

But it now, then get it done over the next few months :clap

That looks alright in white Dave :thumb2

white%20scrambler_zps6opeuhmx.jpg

I think you would end up with an expensive dog's dinner :rolleyes:

You're probably right. A 7 month wait for what is essentially the same bike with a different paint job seems rather odd though, so I'm exploring the options. If there are good enough deals to be done on the R, it could work, plus it'll have the new engine/ layout.;)

Why not just buy the Scrambler and get Tunneruk to work his magic ;)

Because when the Urban comes out it'll be cheaper than the Scrambler, so I'd be throwing good money after bad.:rolleyes:

That would be might thoughts too :thumby:

Lots of new Scramblers sat unsold in dealer showrooms waiting to be had. The savings you will make buying now on a no part ex deal could be used to turn it into an Urban or something a little more unique at minimum cost :D

But it now, then get it done over the next few months :clap

It would have to be a BIG saving!:D

At the NEC the displayed price on the stand of the only Urban they had was being displayed as (IIRC) £11470

A Scrambler X with ASC is currently £11320 with an expected increase come January

Rnine

Why not buy a mint low mileage theres loads out there....then spend some dollar moding....

Attachments

• rsd-rnine-t-lacey_19-810x540.jpg
    rsd-rnine-t-lacey_19-810x540.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 379
Although its got a chain, what about the new Ducati Desert Sled, it looks like the bike the scrambler always should have been. I hated the Ducati Scrambler because of its size and seat but this may just remedy that. I think it looks awesome too.

2017-Ducati-Scrambler-Desert-Sled-24.jpg

RBW.

Although its got a chain, what about the new Ducati Desert Sled, it looks like the bike the scrambler always should have been. I hated the Ducati Scrambler because of its size and seat but this may just remedy that. I think it looks awesome too.

2017-Ducati-Scrambler-Desert-Sled-24.jpg

RBW.

Still looks like a monkey bike to me :p

At the NEC the displayed price on the stand of the only Urban they had was being displayed as (IIRC) £11470

A Scrambler X with ASC is currently £11320 with an expected increase come January

List price with wire wheels is £10530, I've got the document from BMW. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom