New scrambler

Although its got a chain, what about the new Ducati Desert Sled, it looks like the bike the scrambler always should have been. I hated the Ducati Scrambler because of its size and seat but this may just remedy that. I think it looks awesome too.

2017-Ducati-Scrambler-Desert-Sled-24.jpg

RBW.

Hmm. How much is it? Looks cheap.:hide

That looks alright in white Dave :thumb2

white%20scrambler_zps6opeuhmx.jpg

Guys! I feel the need to step in here. I've sat back and watched this thread unfold and to be honest were getting to the stage that it's time to calm things down and have a word with ourselves.

That isn't a nice looking bike. In fact it's an over priced crock of shit. You won't look cool on it in. In fact you will make everybody slightly uncomfortable by riding on it. If you can remember being twenty something and having an overweight uncle who thought he still "had it" you will be getting the idea.

The whole idea of these bikes is they're bought by people at least 30 years younger than you are.

I'm young enough to be able to pull it off still.:D

Guys! I feel the need to step in here. I've sat back and watched this thread unfold and to be honest were getting to the stage that it's time to calm things down and have a word with ourselves.

That isn't a nice looking bike. In fact it's an over priced crock of shit. You won't look cool on it in. In fact you will make everybody slightly uncomfortable by riding on it. If you can remember being twenty something and having an overweight uncle who thought he still "had it" you will be getting the idea.

The whole idea of these bikes is they're bought by people at least 30 years younger than you are.

The voice of reason in a world full of magic mirrors.

Spot on , this is possibly one of the ugliest bikes of the last 10 years. And as uncool as it's possible to get. It has no redeeming feature at all, the only time I liked it was when that bloke flipped it and smashed it up :D:D

This thread is on danger of re-placing the Africa Twin thread as the repository of prejudiced and ill-informed judgements on a motorcycle. I find it strange how some people feel the need to pigeon hole a bike and cannot see beyond the manufacturer's bollox but just regurgitate the same shit. It seems to me that some of you are absolutely clueless as to what begin a biker entails.

Fuck Off Rob :dabone

I concur:D

The great thing about these bikes is that they take you back probably 40 years to a time when bikes were a bit simpler.Ok it has ABS and a temp gauge for engine temp and that's it.i for one know I am no longer the svelt 10 stone I was at 18 but I love ridding my scrambler. Even got myself a bell moto 3 helmet and roo gloves :green gri
You should try one Rob, it will make you giggle like an idiot, not so dissimilar to the airheads you love.Its a lovely motorcycle, very little not to like . You don't have to live in Lunduuuun to 'ave one . Pure fun .

Ride what you want to ride, be who you want to be if you feel cool riding it then enjoy....fcuk i see loads of guys who think they are Lance Armstrong on their carbon Rayleigh choppers all lycra'd up, hell the fact that they look like condoms full of walnuts coming down the street doesnt matter, they are having fun and think its cool...i always think i look cool when im on my bikes when the bikes coolness goes i buy something else thats cool...i dont give a rats arse what anyone thinks, i work hard and love my motorbikes....we are here once..we aint coming this way again so enjoy....

Ride what you want to ride, be who you want to be if you feel cool riding it then enjoy....fcuk i see loads of guys who think they are Lance Armstrong on their carbon Rayleigh choppers all lycra'd up, hell the fact that they look like condoms full of walnuts coming down the street doesnt matter, they are having fun and think its cool...i always think i look cool when im on my bikes when the bikes coolness goes i buy something else thats cool...i dont give a rats arse what anyone thinks, i work hard and love my motorbikes....we are here once..we aint coming this way again so enjoy....

Spot on.:thumb

Far too many people spending most of their time worrying what other people think of them. It's a bit sad really.

I thought we were living in the 'post cool age'. I thought being cool all finished when it became fashionable to be a nerd.

I love the look of these bikes and hopefully I will have an airhead scrambler in my garage by xmas but......... I won't be cool on it because I'll have a beeming smile on my face.

Hell, who wants to look like the Fonze :eek: that's not cool :D

I've bought one due to their low spec

It'll be like a ying yang thing when it's sat next to my GSA TE

Look upon it as I'm doing something constructive in offsetting my technological carbon footprint :augie

I test rode an R nine T Scrambler today with a view to placing an order for the Urban G/S.

There’s no denying it comes with a massive, built-in grin factor :thumb2. The seat didn’t seem bad even after a couple of hours and everything else just worked. I was concerned about the lack of a screen but a few miles on the motorway didn’t result in too much discomfort, but maybe I should thank Schuberth for that.

Build quality looks great and it has an air of, erm, original airhead about it, or in other words it looked and felt like an old BMW. Maybe that’s the intent, to appeal to those who had a G/S or R90 first time round, or yearned for one but couldn’t afford one at the time, as well as providing a platform for the customisers.

Negatives? There was one. I came back with quite bad back pain (I’m 5’11’’). So handlebar risers or a thicker seat needed. Any ideas appreciated :)

I won’t be parting with any money until I can try an Urban G/S, and the dealer couldn’t advise me on a firm date for when they’d be available. If the Urban fits, money will change hands.

Negatives? There was one. I came back with quite bad back pain (I’m 5’11’’). So handlebar risers or a thicker seat needed. Any ideas appreciated :)

Do you know what seat the demo had on it? All the demos I've seen have had the standard (820mm) version fitted. This seat has a dip in it and is narrower at the front so the rider can get their feet down more easily

You can spec the Scrambler with a taller 850mm seat as a no cost option (which is what I've done) and the good news for you is the Urban GS appears to come with the taller seat as standard fit plus you could also fit a small screen as seen on the Lac Rose concept bike :thumb2

Bar risers are already on my "to do" list :cool:

Do you know what seat the demo had on it? All the demos I've seen have had the standard (820mm) version fitted. This seat has a dip in it and is narrower at the front so the rider can get their feet down more easily

You can spec the Scrambler with a taller 850mm seat as a no cost option (which is what I've done) and the good news for you is the Urban GS appears to come with the taller seat as standard fit plus you could also fit a small screen as seen on the Lac Rose concept bike :thumb2

Bar risers are already on my "to do" list :cool:

Just a shame we've got to wait until June for the Urban.:blast

Back
Top Bottom