New scrambler

Hut van

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I quite like the look of the new scrambler,
I test rode the r9t when launched but found it very small and as I do some long rides round Scotland and Europe every second year it was never going to be viable for me.
I hope the scrambler is more capable of being an all round every day retro GS.
What's your thoughts ?

Tried one, hated it, was tiny...

RBW.

*edited* And the seat was uncomfortable after 20 mins.

*edited again* I really wanted to like it, but hated it.

*edited again....* Oh you mean the BMW one.... I test rode the Ducati Scrambler :blast

Bahnstormers had a UK plated R Nine-T Scrambler on their stand at the Retro Festival at Newbury Show Ground today

I must say I was quite impressed and like the fact it has conventional front suspension that moves when you bounce up and down on it :bounce1

Slightly taller than the standard R Nine-T but will be a much nicer bike for everyday use I'm sure :thumby:

If I'm being critical I feel that (for me) it could do with some taller bars but that ain't no deal breaker :D

It's a yes from me :thumby:

When seen in the flesh did it look substantial enough as a everyday bike or more of a weekend toy, if I were to buy one it would need to be a proper do it all kind of bike.

Bahnstormers had a UK plated R Nine-T Scrambler on their stand at the Retro Festival at Newbury Show Ground today

I must say I was quite impressed and like the fact it has conventional front suspension that moves when you bounce up and down on it :bounce1

Slightly taller than the standard R Nine-T but will be a much nicer bike for everyday use I'm sure :thumby:

If I'm being critical I feel that (for me) it could do with some taller bars but that ain't no deal breaker :D

It's a yes from me :thumby:

I don't like the scrambler version looks , but love the normal version of the R nine T ...haviving said that I didn't like the looks of that either when it first arrived ..

When seen in the flesh did it look substantial enough as a everyday bike or more of a weekend toy, if I were to buy one it would need to be a proper do it all kind of bike.

I could easily see it being an 'only' everyday bike whereas the R Nine-T is more of your weekend blingy toy

Is it just me , it doesn't even look like a scrambler ?

Maybe looks different in the metal.

I have ordered one, comes in September can't wait
Sat on one at excell and festival of speed and yes compared to a GSA it is small
However compared to most bikes it is of normal size , roomier than the R9T and taller
If it doesn't seem right I get my money back, as just £250 deposit so far
We'll see, but it's the first bike I've got mildly excited about in a while

I have ordered one, comes in September can't wait
Sat on one at excell and festival of speed and yes compared to a GSA it is small
However compared to most bikes it is of normal size , roomier than the R9T and taller
If it doesn't seem right I get my money back, as just £250 deposit so far
We'll see, but it's the first bike I've got mildly excited about in a while

Ditto - put a deposit down today, but they tell me not due in until October:D

The word Scrambler has changed meaning over the years - it used to mean a genuine off-road, mud racer - it now means some sort of retro hipster shite :)

I guess like the word 'Engineer' used to indicate someone who knew what they were talking about and not a synonym for 'twat' as it seems to have become on this forum ;)

I guess like the word 'Engineer' used to indicate someone who knew what they were talking about and not a synonym for 'twat' as it seems to have become on this forum ;)

A deputy Head Teacher ought to know what the words 'Engineer' and 'Scrambler' mean - but you are only a deputy so I will excuse your ignorance.

P.S. Well actually there is no excuse for a teacher being so lacking in ability - but hey I guess it is a sign of the times.

A deputy Head Teacher ought to know what the words 'Engineer' and 'Scrambler' mean - but you are only a deputy so I will excuse your ignorance.

P.S. Well actually there is no excuse for a teacher being so lacking in ability - but hey I guess it is a sign of the times.

Oh, get you: when I met you I thought you were a condescending idiot; your posts on here have only succeeded in reinforcing that view.

Will the scrambler be your main bike or do you have others at your disposal.
If I buy one it would need to be an all rounder that I could use for longish trips as well as round the doors even if it involves fitting some kind of screen..

Will the scrambler be your main bike or do you have others at your disposal.
If I buy one it would need to be an all rounder that I could use for longish trips as well as round the doors even if it involves fitting some kind of screen..

I am going to try it with my T Max as main bike . Will keep the GSA initially and see if I need it. If not it will be sold

There's a Scrambler in Coopers next to a line if R9T's - liked it more than I thought I would though those blingy gold forks catch the eye over the Scrambler

Back
Top Bottom