Recommend me a password tool/program

andysdad

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a password program to store all my passwords on PC so I only have to remember one?

I'm up to 150+ passwords for various accounts/email/banking/cards/online shops etc!

Similar to 1Password for Mac.

Need it for 2 PCs so may require a multi-license.

Thanks in advance.

A

I use Kaspersky internet security, which has a lockable password manager, and a password generator. Less expensive if you buy from Amazon than direct from Kaspersky. Works well and doesn't slow the computer down excessively.

If you already use 1password for Mac I would recommend using the same for Windows. You can sync all the passwords automatically between all machines.

I have used 1Password for many years on Mac/Windows/iOS/Android, and have always been happy with it. I wouldn't want to be without it.

There are alternatives of course, but for me I am not even looking as I am happy with what I have and the one time I needed support it was very good.

Thanks all - as I typed 1Password for Mac I was thinking "I wonder if they do it for Windows"!

Off to research the suggested.

A

eWallet is good, and syncs across PC/Iphon/Ipad. Nicely grouped into folders.

It seems to be almost the 'standard'
Al

eWallet is good, and syncs across PC/Iphon/Ipad. Nicely grouped into folders.

It seems to be almost the 'standard'
Al

+1 been using ewallet for years, I have it on Ipap, android phone and computer, and set up so they all syncro. really easy to use

isn't last pass the one that got hacked recently?

1Password is what i have used on mac and iOS for some years now. i find it really good, but it's not cheap and i read yesterday that they have just introduced a subscription model for payment, which is a concern to me. they still have the old single payment option though.

at the moment.

Barry Cryer on Radio 4 last week - "I set all my passwords to 'incorrect'". Classic.

Re single payment for 1Password - you don't get "web access on 1Password.com, automatic syncing, item history, secure sharing with family members, and several other features will not be available to those who purchase a license"

A

Barry Cryer on Radio 4 last week - "I set all my passwords to 'incorrect'". Classic.

Re single payment for 1Password - you don't get "web access on 1Password.com, automatic syncing, item history, secure sharing with family members, and several other features will not be available to those who purchase a license"

A

you don't get sync on their servers, but mine sync via dropbox as they have done for years.

Has anyhting changed since 2016? Would those who recommended post if they have changed their set up? Considering making a change.

Back
Top Bottom