ICELAND - A game of three halves

I'd had a great night's sleep and my bike was flying as Buttonmoon may remember :D

We stop to make sure everyone crosses the river safely.

DSCF3334-XL.jpg

Pressing on to pause briefly at Nyidalur.

IMG_1748-XL.jpg

We still have a very, very long way to go, Mark's growing increasingly aware of his worn out chain and sprockets so has to take it easy on the throttle.

Some pics of the brilliant guys among the huts at Nyidalur on the Sprengisandur :clap

Lee
DSCF3338-XL.jpg

Mark
DSCF3339-2-XL.jpg

Tim
DSCF3340-XL.jpg

Spud
DSCF3341-XL.jpg

Mark/Buttonmoon
DSCF3342-XL.jpg

Nearing the end now and after a month of this I don't think I've seen a pic of me looking more knackered!

IMG_1781-2-XL.jpg

Cracking on towards the end of the Sprengisandur Buttonmoon and I wait under a blue sky with hard, cold wind.

DSCF3344-X2.jpg

I have no further photos from today's ride but we're not even half way through it yet.

I remember poor Spud on his Dr350 getting a such a battering from the wind it virtually blew him off the track, I did try riding alongside him to give some shelter for a while but not sure if that really worked too well :D

After welcome food and fuel we carried on to see Hjalparfoss waterfall, then along the stunning Krokagilabrun on once more a quick ride to the top of the extinct volcano.
Now it was just a matter of riding in a southerly direction with many river crossings along the beautiful F208 to the main road.
Stopping at Vik for coffee, Mark's chain was on it's last legs so rather than risk anything going wrong on the trail he and Buttonmoon road on to within striking distance of Reykjavik, the rest of us rode back up to the same campsite where I'd met up with Ange a few weeks earlier.

Luckily the sun came out the following morning in time for us to dry the tents before they were packed away for the final time.

All that was left was the long windy slog back to Reykjavik where we met up with the rest of the lads and packed our bikes for shipping.

Most of us then had a couple of days in town before flying home.

I of course stayed with my friends. Throstur has a cunning plan.
I can borrow Silla's bike and we can visit Sir Hilmar another Icelandic biker and lovely character.

DSCF3352-XL.jpg

Then we realise tomorrow is Silla's birthday!!

Throstur and I look at each other hoping for a get out plan, there wasn't one, we would have to stay home and buy flowers.

At the shop Throstur's talking with florist in Icelandic, unknown to me he's telling her we'd just become become engaged and were buying each other flowers :eek::D

The sacrifice of not going out on the bikes was well worth it, Silla was delighted and we both gained some much needed Brownie points.

DSCF3354-XL.jpg

And that was that, hopefully some of the other lads have more pics to fill in the gaps toward the end of what was a fantastic trip with again, a great bunch of guys :bow:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom