Armed Police to use F800GS's in response to terrorist attacks in London

Interesting that they are all in grey including the bikes

They do not plan to be seen - just blend into the urban background

Always a good idea if your being shot at.

I have just seen an article on TV about the security in Rio for the opening ceremony at the games.They were on BMW F800 gs bikes.:thumb

YMFB. I do get your point, but wondered if the arms they carry would be worn on the body while in transit(or bmw,lol)or would they be in a topbox or some other method of being carried. In a health and safety obsessed world I just wondered how having an mp5 rammed through your ribs in an accident might affect their ability to carry on,and also wondered what the ramifications might be if they ever had an RTC with a member of the public......

YMFB. I do get your point, but wondered if the arms they carry would be worn on the body while in transit(or bmw,lol)or would they be in a topbox or some other method of being carried. In a health and safety obsessed world I just wondered how having an mp5 rammed through your ribs in an accident might affect their ability to carry on,and also wondered what the ramifications might be if they ever had an RTC with a member of the public......

I would think they'll be carried ... no good for immediate deployment if in a box :blast

Health and safety won't even enter in to it I'm afraid :D

If they were to have an incident with a member of the public and they were able to carry on ... they'd carry on! Someone else would be along later to pick up the pieces .... if those guys were going to a 'terrorist' incident I don't think they would stop be be polite and exchange pleasantries ;)

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom