Iceland adventure 2017

16a644fc42066b9b9548b172628c175a.jpg

62d7fcfdf7454cfbc20575f0263077ca.jpg

beed6758e0f3901685e99acf627f5512.jpg

e24e04c5d078b97ed5b9ccdeb1a8b41c.jpg

That lane... I don't know if it has an official or unofficial name, but the one I've given it is unrepeatable on this forum!
5cd111a8dffa43a8e4beb4ee41afe336.jpg

Sent from my iPhone whilst sitting on the loo.

Yep great weekend Oh and don't forget Rob the old boy on the CCM his riding has improved so much in the last year:thumb
Looking forward to riding with you all in Iceland

Attachments

• IMG_3800.jpg
    IMG_3800.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_3798.jpg
    IMG_3798.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 371
Yep great weekend Oh and don't forget Rob the old boy on the CCM his riding has improved so much in the last year:thumb
Looking forward to riding with you all in Iceland
I don't know about old! I feel like an incompetent child next to the likes of Tom:thumb There were plenty of 'moments' last weekend but less involving me being on my back with the bike on top of me.

Thank you again for a terrific weekend and all the encouraging words from you and Tim. (a special thanks must also go to Judith for the Carrot Cake)

Rupert,
That was great! Can't wait to see the drone footage of the Icelandic vistas in a few weeks time. If you bring spare GoPro mounts I'll be able to get some footage of you riding from my POV. Right, off to watch it again!

Superb edit Rupert, poor Tom came a bit of a cropper at the end!

Rupert,
That was great! Can't wait to see the drone footage of the Icelandic vistas in a few weeks time. If you bring spare GoPro mounts I'll be able to get some footage of you riding from my POV. Right, off to watch it again!

That's kind of you, I'll add to it my packing list.

What a fantastic video. Great aerial shots and accompanying tunes.

Massive respect to the lads on both the big beemers and the big Duke - looked hellish in the mud crossing the darien gap !

Must get me a go on one of those ccm's :thumby:

What a fantastic video. Great aerial shots and accompanying tunes.

Massive respect to the lads on both the big beemers and the big Duke - looked hellish in the mud crossing the darien gap !

Must get me a go on one of those ccm's :thumby:

Thank you. Yep - the big bike riders deserve an applause. I know I would have struggled if I'd taken my Africa Twin. The GP450 is massively capable - perfect for this sort of thing.

It's one thing packing for the trip itself, but packing for the container is a whole other level of faff. Bike gear takes up so much space!

Mark, will there be plenty of straps for the bikes in the container (especially for, erm...late arrivals)?

vHoDtTk.jpg

It's one thing packing for the trip itself, but packing for the container is a whole other level of faff. Bike gear takes up so much space!

Mark, will there be plenty of straps for the bikes in the container (especially for, erm...late arrivals)?

Bike looks great, I'm also having to fit a K75 fairing on mine plus some bits!

Yes there will be loads of straps:beerjug:

Managed to get my biking kit on board, but the old girl looks stressed under the extra weight. Hard hat is gonna have to travel as hand luggage. T -20 days!

Rupe, is that a plaster-of-Paris nose your side stand is sporting?

Rupe, is that a plaster-of-Paris nose your side stand is sporting?

Ha! No. Polymorphic plastic. You heat the stuff in hot water and shape it. You can also reheat it and reshape it, so I better not park near any hot springs.

Sorry for such a late post about the Welsh weekend, I've only just got home after my 3-week European road-trip and have been out of contact.

It was a top weekend and the video/photos are fab. I now want a Husky 701!!!!! :bounce1

(Thanks for the 'old boys' comment MilkMaid)

Back
Top Bottom