Iceland adventure 2017

Cancel that... after a very, very, very long call to my insurers, they've decided I am covered. And more importantly I've got an email to say as much.

Now check your bike is covered to be in the shipping container.

Now check your bike is covered to be in the shipping container.

I was hoping Mark or Tim might be able to shed some light on that - are the bikes covered by the shipping agent's insurance? If not, can you recommend an insurance provider?

Sent from my iPhone whilst sitting on the loo.

Personally I don't bother with insurance for shipping. It can become never ending :D

Just ordered a pair of Mitas E10s from Pneus Online for £123.00 (incl free delivery). Amazed at the price. I was quoted £225 for a pair of TKC 80s (fitted) by my regular tyre place so even with the £30 for fitting at the same place, I've saved a huge wad. :bounce1

Trip meeting

The plan for the trip meeting 19th 20th & 21st May
As the Pub B&B is fully booked on the 19th we will now meet at my house at 12.30 on the 19th and head for the hills for two nights wild camping and trail riding.
Email sent to you all with my address for meeting on the 19th :thumb2
Mark

I know this may qualify for a SFQ but are we being fully self-sufficient for the Wales trip and need to take food/drink for the whole weekend or is it a mixture of camping stuff and pubs/cafe's?

I know this may qualify for a SFQ but are we being fully self-sufficient for the Wales trip and need to take food/drink for the whole weekend or is it a mixture of camping stuff and pubs/cafe's?

Im pretty sure Mark H mentioned something about him providing steak and chips with plentiful free beer and wine. Oh, and he's definitely providing bacon butties for breakfast each morning.

Im pretty sure Mark H mentioned something about him providing steak and chips with plentiful free beer and wine. Oh, and he's definitely providing bacon butties for breakfast each morning.

That's what I thought too!!! :beerjug:

And if you are anything like the resourceful Joe Narvey last year, you will be cooking up steak fried in exotic oils for supper, and bacon rolls for breakfast!

Fantastic. Did he do that for everyone??

And if you are anything like the resourceful Joe Narvey last year, you will be cooking up steak fried in exotic oils for supper, and bacon rolls for breakfast!

Mark said it was rough camping which if I recall correctly means it's frowned upon to take different sized knife and forks for the starter versus main course.

The steak was vac sealed and then frozen and carried in my hand baggage, the first meal was with a truffle red wine port reduction, the bacon replenished every opportunity I could as I had he mother of bacon sandwiches on first day.

Day 4 was ham with a caramelised apple and mustard volutte- this was roughing it as the black pepper wasn't freshly ground .

Andy and I had a delicious steak with truffle oil and mushroom.. some serious rough camping as the wine didn't have enough tannin for such a strong dish.

Mark said it was rough camping which if I recall correctly means it's frowned upon to take different sized knife and forks for the starter versus main course.

The steak was vac sealed and then frozen and carried in my hand baggage, the first meal was with a truffle red wine port reduction, the bacon replenished every opportunity I could as I had he mother of bacon sandwiches on first day.

Day 4 was ham with a caramelised apple and mustard volutte- this was roughing it as the black pepper wasn't freshly ground .

Andy and I had a delicious steak with truffle oil and mushroom.. some serious rough camping as the wine didn't have enough tannin for such a strong dish.

I think I'll be too ashamed to crack open a pot noodle after reading that..

I think I'll be too ashamed to crack open a pot noodle after reading that..

Mark and Tim took us to a cafe in the middle of no where ( I bet Tim knows precisely the correct location) but they did a fish soup like a chowder, well worth stocking up. A bit expensive but tasty.

I recreated it when I got back the recipe is in the gastro section .

That's still way posh; Maggi is where it's at, ask Milkmaid at some stage when you're all sat around the camp fire :)

Andres

I can't begin to imagine what a pot noodle could be posher than.... :barf

Back
Top Bottom