Iceland adventure 2017

Well...it's a journey - there are five more parts - I get more cheerful. I think. I hope. :bounce1

Yes, just kidding.

Here you are early on Day 2 at the southern end of the Kjölur route taking a 'short cut' (decided to miss this out for the GS's on the second trip) :D

DSCF4178-XL.jpg

Some way further a troll climbed out from under a rock.

DSCF4188-XL.jpg

From the first day of the 2nd trip Scuba Tom takes his 2nd dunking,,,,
20155706_10211813647069037_1554209813283654213_n.jpg
Good photo Tim :eek: I was only taking a look to see how slippery the bottom was :blast

Not one of my better moments. First time that my lid has been fully submerged with my head in it. Took a good few days to dry out the lid and have you noticed how long it takes for GoreTex gloves to dry when they fill up with water? I suppose that looking on the bright side it was only my left glove and I didn't pick up an injury.

If you look closely you can see the straps holding up the front of the sump guard where the front mounts had broken where I bashed something earlier in the ride.

I could of course say that I was testing my snorkel. If I remember correctly I had to switch off the engine which was still running.:thumb

Yes +1 for that, Tom was the ace guy on the trip, always good company, last to hit the sack, and never complained. He really showed us young sixty somethings up. Would be a privilege to ride with him again :thumb

Hi all please post photos etc in the ride report started by Rupert so i can close this tread as 2017 trips are now over

Looking forward to 2018................

Mark :thumb

Back
Top Bottom