thinking of buying a f650 ,an old one

fizzer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
i am thinking about buying an old f50 funduro,just to use for the commute to work ,and to save using my shiny gs1200,i would be using it over the winter .
i understand about corrosion ,but my question is there anything else i should be looking out for, i see many for sale with well over 60k miles :thumb,so i take it the engine must be a goodun is it.
cheers guys ian

Rode back from Yorkshire to Oxford with a guy on who was on one of those , couldn't believe how well it went,seriously quick through the twisties in the wet as well. When we stopped he said he rode it everywhere flat and didn't worry about wet roads as that was mind over matter anyway . Not sure I agreed with the latter but he was seriously rapid , took me by surprise that's for sure.

Lower shock linkage bearings were about the only thing of note I had to do other than routine servicing. Can get a replacement kit, then it's just a matter of knocking them out and pressing them in.

Inlet rubbers prone to crack and draw air
Regulator under the seat prone to overheat (Just rewire and mount out board )
and as mentioned the Lower shock bushes

Water/Oil Pump weepage but there is a kit and its not a huge job

I have a F650 ST (99 T Plate) Blue, 23k, Bmw dealer serviced since new, touring screen, heated grips, top box etc, really good condition. PM me if you want any more info. Great bike but also have a GS so not really used.

Back
Top Bottom