A Peek Behind The Iron Curtain

grez

Reaction score
Well it is almost that time of the year where I head off to see how much trouble I can get into in Europe and beyond. The plan as it stands is to take a ferry over to Holland and ride up to Sweden where I get the ferry to Lithuania. From there up to Tartu in Estonia for a few days then on to St Petersburg for a few days then up into Finland, the Arctic Circle and then somehow find my way home (the return bit has not been planned except for the ferry back from Holland.

Little did I know the amount of hassle getting the visa for Russia, insurance for the bike (thanks to Victoria from Carole Nash for sorting it – apparently being told on the phone by another company that Russia was defiantly included really means not a chance in hell after you have bought the policy) and even having to (or perhaps not) book the waiting area in Narva for the border crossing into Russia. Yes I could probably get insurance at the border and take my chances with times at the crossing but given my history a bit of pre-planning seemed a good idea. Let’s hope I don’t get to test the crash bars the guys at ABW fitted for me.

Can’t wait for Friday – might even pack early on Wednesday night for a change.

Back
Top Bottom