First trip

On that point, and being a Nav 5 guru (I used mine for the first time this trip and found it very useful for many unexpected reasons [I'm a map person]) you may be able to answer another question for me. While following my map, icons appear for eateries, money dispensers and petrol stations. I don't recall setting them them up, or not, but they are there. What would be useful would be for lodgings to also appear as an icon. I played with the settings menus but couldn't find it but maybe it needs to be done through Basecamp (which still doesn't want to run for me after a Windows 10 update.)

TIA, Iain

I don't have my Nav V to hand but.... from a very quick Google, I think it's in the device's own map layers option, page 6 of the owners manual.

This is quite a good guide to all sorts of other fun: http://globeriders.com/article_pages/article07_gps/article07_nav5.shtml

The odd thing is that my Nav V shows my favourites on the map screen and - somewhat annoyingly - cash points and restaurants. I am sure that I chose these at some time but now cannot for the life of me why or how, nor more importantly how to now get rid of them.

Try going into: Settings, Map & Vehicle, Map Layers and then uncheck "Places along the road

Back
Top Bottom