Migrating routes from Basecamp Windows to Basecamp Mac

Andy B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys - I'm struggling with this!:blast

I understand the export/import functions (I think :augie) but what I have been trying to do is copy across all my existing routes AND FOLDERS so I don't have to spend hours re-categorising everything.

The two screenshots below show what I mean. You can see it all neatly set out in Basecamp Windows but when I export 'My Collection' and then import into Basecamp Mac everything just gets lumped into one big "My Collections' folder. There is a way of doing it - but I have to create a mirror folder on the Mac and then export each route individually and then drop it into the right folder.

Anyone come across a way of doing what I want to do (replicate folders I have created in Windows) without having to do each route one at a time?

Many thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-13 at 16.30.11.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-08-13 at 16.30.11.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Screen Shot 2016-08-13 at 16.32.28.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-08-13 at 16.32.28.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 70
the easiest way i can see you doing this is, go to file at the top of the window and click on it then go down to backup select this and save your backup to a usb drive or similar and then transfer said file to the mac and then go to basecamp on the mac and select, file and restore and point it to the file on the usb. i do not no whether this will work cross platform but its worth a try you will not damage anything. failing that there is a much longer way that will work but its a faff.

Back
Top Bottom