Anyone ridden or own a 750 Integra ??

Bike looks great, not sure about the topbox though. It looks too big, do you need that much storage for the journeys you will use it for?

Bike looks great, not sure about the topbox though. It looks too big, do you need that much storage for the journeys you will use it for?

I would have thought it's exactly what is needed.
I have a similar size top box on my scoot and it has been very useful for nipping to the shops etc..

Exhaust, rim tape you just can't help yourself can you :D

Exhaust, rim tape you just can't help yourself can you :D

LOL I did have it a week before I could ride it so had to do something in the garage !!

Cheers Guys

The top box is only a 42Ltr but as its the H+B one ist quite High, was looking at a 52 or 55Ltr one !! it is needed as the Integra has very little underseat storage unlike the other big scooters,
it performed very well returned fantastic MPG and now does sound well with the can, as Robbo said it has cheered it up a bit, wasn't really sure about the DCT as it really didnt seem to know what it wanted to do but I think if you just let it do what it wants its fine, in manual it can really pull well, handling was superb and the 17" wheels really make it feel like a Motorbike rather than a scooter as it feels much better over uneven road surfaces

Ill use it for work all next week as wont need the car and see how it does on the commute !! hopefully it will be Ok I think the way to look at it is its a tool rather than a toy, I doubt it will put a big smile on my face, use it for what it was meant and use one of the other bikes for the smiles

never say never I may fall in love with it !!

Rob

There is a great forum at nc700.co.uk Stacks of information. They are having a ride out to the 1066 cafe on the A21 on Sunday so you could put some miles on it.

I think they're shit.................does that help?;)

I have a 750 from new for a year now and a would not disagree tbh with Doris here. I wouldnt call it sh*t, but it has been well below my expectations in every area. Unfortunately i did not test ride one, i just swappped from an 8 yo T max with 50k miles which was getting on a bit. I can sadly report after year and 4k miles that my tired 50k T max was a better scooter/commuting tool in most respects. And £6k cheaper. So yes, mistake for me, the only thing I will say is to NOT BUY ONE, a least not before you try.

So, analytically:

1. Engine: by far and away the most disappointing motorcycle engine i have ever tried ( I have owned more than 50 bikes in my life). I still do not believe it was signed off, let alone by Honda. The engine is lazy, undrpowered, the advertised torque is ok, but you only notice because of lack of top end, and also by the grough shaking the bike does as its trying to pull 5th gear at 22mph at 1500 rpm. No top end. Whatsoever. It makes 55hp feel like 25. Boring (which may be ok for some) does not begin to describe it. First 10 miles I did I was crying in my helmet. I thought I had bad fuel. It is soooo much less than a TMax in engine terms despite similar on paper spec.

2. DCT software: is Not self learning as stipulated and is entirely dim. It is my number one reason I will sell the bike soonish. It is not smooth in D, the manual is not fully manual as it will still downshift as you slow, and the S is plain dumdum as it is very sporty in change terms with no effect as there is lack of power and sense of anything happening below. Its biggest fault is that it wants to downshift from 2nd to 1st (with a jolt) as one slows down below 3-4mph/walking pace... And my question (Honda are you f ing listening?) is why? I am either stopping entirely in which case you can wait and slot 1st after i stop, or I am rolling on, in which case at 3mph, the lump of crap will pull on its torque which is the only thing in its toolcase anyway. Why 1st gear with a jolt?

3. Reliability: mine has had a new rectifier (broke down completely on way to Heathrow early on) and a new dashboard at 2wks old when the original one just gave up. My paint is also looking super tired for a 1yo bike. The (givi made i think) rear rack frame broke off (literally snapped off ina bump). All 3 items arranty claims. So my 1yo 4k mile bike has been to the dealer for 1 service and 3 faults (one of which by recovery van) in 1 year. I am sorry Honda, I do not have the time for 4 visits per year, when my Tmax had 6 visits in 8 years.

4. Brakes: too weak, below par in todays terms. Needs a second disc upfront, although ABS is nice.

5. And drumroll..... The suspension: the worst OE suspension set up I have ever experienced. Makes a 1985 unserviced Harley sound well riding. Enough said. If I was going to keep it I would be changing it altogether. In fact it beggars belief that its sister bikes which prsumably have samey set ups ar bearable and that people think ar ok. POGO STICK.

and the good bits:

1. Rarity: because its expnsive and not very good
2: steers properly, but doesnt ride (as above)
3. Is very very economic on fuel (to the tune of 3-4 liters per week vs my T max on my schedule), i.e £150-200 annually. Which counts for nothing of course when you spend £8k on something you dont like.

Thats it. Enough trashing for you? Dont buy one. Both Tmax and BmW 600Gt are better bets. Come to think a Vespa 300 is also a better bet.

I have a 750 from new for a year now and a would not disagree tbh with Doris here. I wouldnt call it sh*t, but it has been well below my expectations in every area. Unfortunately i did not test ride one, i just swappped from an 8 yo T max with 50k miles which was getting on a bit. I can sadly report after year and 4k miles that my tired 50k T max was a better scooter/commuting tool in most respects. And £6k cheaper. So yes, mistake for me, the only thing I will say is to NOT BUY ONE, a least not before you try.

So, analytically:

1. Engine: by far and away the most disappointing motorcycle engine i have ever tried ( I have owned more than 50 bikes in my life). I still do not believe it was signed off, let alone by Honda. The engine is lazy, undrpowered, the advertised torque is ok, but you only notice because of lack of top end, and also by the grough shaking the bike does as its trying to pull 5th gear at 22mph at 1500 rpm. No top end. Whatsoever. It makes 55hp feel like 25. Boring (which may be ok for some) does not begin to describe it. First 10 miles I did I was crying in my helmet. I thought I had bad fuel. It is soooo much less than a TMax in engine terms despite similar on paper spec.

2. DCT software: is Not self learning as stipulated and is entirely dim. It is my number one reason I will sell the bike soonish. It is not smooth in D, the manual is not fully manual as it will still downshift as you slow, and the S is plain dumdum as it is very sporty in change terms with no effect as there is lack of power and sense of anything happening below. Its biggest fault is that it wants to downshift from 2nd to 1st (with a jolt) as one slows down below 3-4mph/walking pace... And my question (Honda are you f ing listening?) is why? I am either stopping entirely in which case you can wait and slot 1st after i stop, or I am rolling on, in which case at 3mph, the lump of crap will pull on its torque which is the only thing in its toolcase anyway. Why 1st gear with a jolt?

3. Reliability: mine has had a new rectifier (broke down completely on way to Heathrow early on) and a new dashboard at 2wks old when the original one just gave up. My paint is also looking super tired for a 1yo bike. The (givi made i think) rear rack frame broke off (literally snapped off ina bump). All 3 items arranty claims. So my 1yo 4k mile bike has been to the dealer for 1 service and 3 faults (one of which by recovery van) in 1 year. I am sorry Honda, I do not have the time for 4 visits per year, when my Tmax had 6 visits in 8 years.

4. Brakes: too weak, below par in todays terms. Needs a second disc upfront, although ABS is nice.

5. And drumroll..... The suspension: the worst OE suspension set up I have ever experienced. Makes a 1985 unserviced Harley sound well riding. Enough said. If I was going to keep it I would be changing it altogether. In fact it beggars belief that its sister bikes which prsumably have samey set ups ar bearable and that people think ar ok. POGO STICK.

and the good bits:

1. Rarity: because its expnsive and not very good
2: steers properly, but doesnt ride (as above)
3. Is very very economic on fuel (to the tune of 3-4 liters per week vs my T max on my schedule), i.e £150-200 annually. Which counts for nothing of course when you spend £8k on something you dont like.

Thats it. Enough trashing for you? Dont buy one. Both Tmax and BmW 600Gt are better bets. Come to think a Vespa 300 is also a better bet.

Wow although its early days now only 450 miles into ownership but mine does not do any of those things, thank God, although a little underwhelmed with the maiden voyage I certainly was not crying in my helmet, the handling on mine is superb and with only 150 miles on the clock the chicken strips were under 10mm both sides, the engine feels a lot more alive with a decent exhaust and in manual its not lazy at all, it leaves my Son in laws CB500X for dead, What have Honda said about your experiences ? I must admit if this one fails in any of those ways it will be going back or up for sale, I certainly wont suffer it for the amount of time you have, thats for sure !! have you ridden another one to compaire
This is only my 2nd big scoot the first being a 600 silverwing and Im happy to say this is much better

I could live with the underwhelming engine, and i could upgrade the suspension with a few hundred quid. I think the reliability issues early on tainted it for me as one buys Honda often so to get 10/10 reliability. I think the sad fact is I won't forgive it stranding me at 5am on the M4 which made a dogs breakfast of my day with the missed flights etc, so In my case I am emotionally done and dusted and running on inertia. Should be curtains by Xmas. Will be looking at Tmax again, or a BM scoot, the latter terifies me on reliability terms too, and I need to read up,on them...

For me it was the Integra or Burgman 650 Executive thats loaded with extras electric screen mirrors heated seats grips etc etc but its a fair bit heavier and less power !!
the BMW scoots do have a horrific reputation for reliability according to the c650 forum that was the main factor why I eliminated that from my Look list straight away !!

another 188 miles today and its making a bit more sense now average mpg 76.3 mixed riding so thats good had the panniers fitted and they look nice and add some usefull storage sadly not for my lid though !! only being 29 ltrs each !!

another 188 miles today and its making a bit more sense now average mpg 76.3 mixed riding so thats good had the panniers fitted and they look nice and add some usefull storage sadly not for my lid though !! only being 29 ltrs each !!

Economy is very good indeed. I average about 60mpg in 25miles per day London traffic. Tbh it would be s much better suit for me if I had a bit of open road to do rather than traffic jams. If I didn't have the airports itenerary I would be better off with a 125.

Old Tmax could not break 45mpg. More like 38ish avg.

Well used the Integra every day this week and its really a good bit of kit, think the DCT will be better on the new one as its supposed to have 3 levels of sport which it needs, as in drive the gearbox in like a mental thing on acid it changes into 6th by 25 mph, and in sport it just seems to hold the gears too long, easily sorted just ride in manual and flick the switches as and when you want to change gear
On my commute 15 miles each way some traffic, 8 mile motorway and some B road action, its returning 73.6 MPG which I think is superb, it will out accelerate nearly any car from the lights even in drive and sits on motorway at 80 with enough in reserve to overtake top speed being listed at 116Mph
Bought a pair of 2nd hand Genuine Honda panniers (well Givi in disguise) with all the fittings for £175 in white, but dobles supplied the correct coloured lid inserts for another £93 so that was handy as I think its the only bike ive seen that looks better with panniers fitted LOL

Likes: power,handling, almost everything bar the styling I think it looks a bit old man ish could be down to the screen size, and the simply horrible back light assembly (both of which are on my hit list)
Sports screen on order and the back light will be soon

Dislikes: Gearbox (maybe a bit harsh but undecided if its great or crap) Screen, back light as above

Thats my first 500 miles over and done with hopefully Ill still have it when it passes 5000 miles (although with my record I doubt it !!)

"Thats my first 500 miles over and done with hopefully Ill still have it when it passes 5000 miles (although with my record I doubt it !!)"

Yes mine at 4K and will certainly won't pass 5k as I m sick of its gearbox and epically crappy suspension, latter being the worst I have ever tried. Crashy on sh*te London tarmac esp at front which I ve mitigated by running tyre at 20psi instead of 32 which has in turn crapped the steering, which is the only good thing other than the fuel economy. I used to have a 60k mile Fzr 600 about a million years ago as a student and I can tell you that worn out suspension was way better. Rose tinted memories or not...

I have a bigger givi screen which solves the issue of its own. And a blanket for winter whose straps around the sides of the upper painted fairing (mine is Honda granny red) had over one winter stripped the paint completely. I also hit a cone or three while filtering and I have stripped a couple of plastic fairing screws and the lower black fairings cracked. All in for a 11 month old 4K 65reg I reckon it must be the shabbiest in the market.

So beware of a red 65 reg London based one soon on eBay... Offers over £4k I ll snap your arms off... Take my 5k hit (it's only 500quid a month lol) and go and buy a 2yo T max. A much better scooter in all counts bar economy.

Theop you seem to have set out to dislike your bike from day one and it obviously sensed it and has given you a hard time. Personally I love mine but accept it for what it is. Good luck with your next bike and perhaps a good old long test ride first.

Theop you seem to have set out to dislike your bike from day one and it obviously sensed it and has given you a hard time. Personally I love mine but accept it for what it is. Good luck with your next bike and perhaps a good old long test ride first.

You are right...

Back
Top Bottom