One Night Stop Over En Route Dunkirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

B4ndit

Reaction score
Looking for some inspiration. I have planned a trip and have one night missing at the end. I am considering overnighting at St Omer prior to catching a morning ferry from Dunkirk. Of the towns in that approxiamate area which one would be the best for me and the missus to explore and find a nice restauarant. I am considering St Omer and Armentiers but am open to any local knowledge of pretty towns in that area. Or which is best Armentiers or St Omer.

:beerjug:

Have a look at Montreuil-sur-Mer....easy run up to Dunkirk. Nice town, decent mix of hotels, walls to walk round. And the Wine Society of course.

Or Ypres?

How close to Dunkirk do you and SWMBO need / want to be, to catch that important morning ferry?

Give us a clue in miles and time, please. Also do you wish to avoid motorways, as you only ever ride goat tracks from A to C via B, like a true Adventure biker should?

Ypres or Leper depending on what you speak. Albion Hotel and see the Flanders in the fields museum. Loads of great eateries. If you want to see the service at The Menin gate, make sure you get your spot by 19:30.

St Omer is very nice....I've stayed there several times.
There's a choice of several bars,some rather lively,some nice and quiet.
There's also a fair choice of very good and reasonable restaurants,plus some low priced but very good 'friteries'.
Finally,there are several very good hotels tucked away with a huge variety of costs but a nice and simple one to use,with secure parking,is the Ibis.

St Omer would be the logical choice. A straight run up the superslab in the morning to the port. Or, if you are a goat track merchant, take the D roads or even the really small roads over the dykes and canals. Be careful you don't fall in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom