Twin plugging and other options

Thanks for letting me know Bill! I’m not sure why the emails aren’t getting through. Handling is transformed with new head bearings correctly adjusted and the 40mph hands-off tank-slap has gone again.

The bike was absolutely flying wide open with the new Boyer on the A55 but starting is a bit iffy and maybe a mid-range hesitancy which could well be carbs after the dodgy Bolivian fuel. It seems impossible to time the Boyer sensibly at tickover. I read somewhere online it has some features designed to play around with the ignition in order to produce a smooth "anti-stall" tickover. I need to have another look but to get going I followed their instructions for twin-plugged and timed it so that full advance is retarded a few degrees i.e. the top of the Z mark was at the bottom of the window. Adjusted like this the tickover timing made little sense when viewed with the strobe but the bike sounded sweet if a rattly of course.

I've now stripped and cleaned the carbs in my ebay Ultrasonic tank and bike is booked in for a gearbox strip and new pushrod seals up at Roy Gardener's in a couple of weeks. Will see how it goes after that.

Back
Top Bottom