LED spot lights on a 700

Thanks for the post Ash. Ordered a set today, like to be seen & noticed when commuting. Just need somewhere to mount them, no engine bars as yet. Any suggestions? Cheers.

Hi Chalky, thank you for the description, I ve tried wiring it into the canbus (I assume the socket with the 3 yellow wires is the canbus) I wired it in & then when switching the lights on the illuminate for a second & the go out. Switch off the ignition, & wire them directly, not through the switch, & they go on. So some how the switch is causing it to go out.
Any advise?

Hi Keith,

I'm thinking you've wired the lights straight to the GPS connector, it's probably overloading the CANBUS which then turns off. You need to power the lights direct from the battery and control them via the GPS connector.

You need an automotive relay in there - it should be wired like this -

5-pin-relay-wiring-diagram-I-want-to-use-the-relay-to-turn-on-off-with-the-car-how-do-I-hook-that-up-connect-lead-pin-86-to-the-cars-IGN-ACC-circuit.bmp

The positive wire from the GPS Connector plug should go to terminal 86, you can either put your on/off light switch in this line or the positive to the lights (Terminal 87).

That's how I've got mine plumbed in, they'll only come on when the ignition is on plus there's an on/off switch enabling me to turn them off when the ignition is on and I don't want the lights to be..

D

Back
Top Bottom