Thunder in the Glens

I'll be there - but as I don't know anyone form the forum I'll be the good looking muscular guy your wife looks at in admiration :D

Staying at the Coylumbridge hotel and taking the wife and car as my GS does not get delivered till the end of August - just a week too late.

Meeting a couple of mates who have their Hogs and try desperately to convert me, the bikes look good, but I just can't bring myself to ride one for any length of time or for any other reason than a short pose to boost my ego - hence the GS on order.

James

Cairngorm looking favourite for a few jars on sat evening. Theres 3 of us going up, Myself (Gordon), Jon and Klaus. Now I dont know how we would go about recognising other GSers, though I suppose anyone in Klim or Rallye gear instead of cuts is a safe enough bet :D

Once the rideout has gone I suspect it will be a lap of the MacDonald resort area then the Cairngorm, afternoon music and 🍺

How do we recognise each other.....maybe we could carry a copy of an easy to spot book or wear pink carnations or something.....

Cracking day yesterday, sun was shining (most of the time), beer was good, music at the Cairngorm was good and there was a second stage near the tented village, also good.

Rick Parfitt Jr was playing last night as was Toseland - and tonight the Bay City Rollers!

Enjoyed the music yesterday apart from the Quo wannabes at the Cairngorm last night, never seen the place so busy, sorry to be missing the Rollers but had to get back down the road this afternoon

Cracking day yesterday, sun was shining (most of the time), beer was good, music at the Cairngorm was good and there was a second stage near the tented village, also good.

Rick Parfitt Jr was playing last night as was Toseland - and tonight the Bay City Rollers!

Was Rick junior good? I was at the Cairngorm.

Was Rick junior good? I was at the Cairngorm.

As was I, saw he was on but got stuck in the Gorm drinking beer and listening to nearly Quo (which I enjoyed cause they played all the classics loud enough and well enough for me - and beer helped).

Had the shock of my life on Saturday when one of them waved back at me on the A9. Not one if the badass dudes with legs spread wider than a 10 bob tart but a nice old fella with wifie on the back.

Had the shock of my life on Saturday when one of them waved back at me on the A9. Not one if the badass dudes with legs spread wider than a 10 bob tart but a nice old fella with wifie on the back.

Aye, a few of them were out their minds. Against their code to wave at wrong sort of bikes

I had a good time over the weekend.

It's the first time I'd been to it and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone who can get there, it was far better than I thought it would be. Lots of nice bikes depending on your taste, and more GSs than you could shake a shitty stick at. I spent a couple of nights mostly at the Cairngorm Hotel which seemed a decent place to be from my liking. I took a few pics of some of the GSs I seen at the event, there were loads more, but I got bored snapping them - if your were there, is your among the many pictured? The ride out was a sight to see, no idea how many bikes were in it, but it took 20 minuets to pass me on the main street, must have been 500+ bikes? Anyway, will probably go again next year, and if the weather is a bit better may even take the bike, but as I went home in 7hrs of rain I was glad I was in the car this time.

Attachments

• 2017-08-25-20.29.29.jpg
    2017-08-25-20.29.29.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 237
  • 2017-08-25-22.08.28.jpg
    2017-08-25-22.08.28.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 201
  • 2017-08-26-11.27.36.jpg
    2017-08-26-11.27.36.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 169
  • 2017-08-26-13.32.33-HDR.jpg
    2017-08-26-13.32.33-HDR.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 246
  • 2017-08-25-22.10.24.jpg
    2017-08-25-22.10.24.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 265
I noticed there were a couple of GSA's parked in the Gorm over the weekend, also a few on the ride out on Saturday

Back
Top Bottom