MOTOGOLOCO - sharing

And it does not, just click the share button the map url will appear in the box top right of the window click it to highlight it and copy and paste the link on here.

I have no idea if that will work!

In a word, no.

What we need is quite simple:

(1) You to create the route in Google maps and then to give us the link to the route, so that we know what it's meant to look like.

(2) You to give us the .gpx file of the same route, so that we can load it into our Garmin devices and then see how it compares with the Google maps version. Share the .gpx file with us by hosting it on something like DropBox or, if it is not too large, attach it to a post in this thread.

By doing the above we will be in the same position as you and the bods you shared the route with. Trying to guess why you and your friends are having problems is:

(a) Difficult

(b) Not particularly rewarding

the op did indeed have problems transfering to his own device when it was a shared route. Quote the OP ( I tried it myself (loading a 'shared' route) and it is different from the original
Has anyone a solution to this?). so he did not transfer the route with no problems when done as a shared route. maybe i just read it wrong or the OP was getting mixed up in his description, whatever the problem he now has several ways to get around the issue.

The shared route is no doubt from BaseCamp & not from MGL as he requires. Think he was just replicating his friends shared route issues to confirm user error or not.

I create the route on MGL, then export it to my Garmin sat Nav and go through the whole thing comparing it to the route on screen. If there are any deviations then I put in some more waypoints to force it down the route selected.

It's a bit of a faff but seems to work prior to sending the GPX files out to everybody. As somebody posted earlier the "route" only consists of via waypoints and the route between them is calculated by the GPS unit itself.

Furkot seems to be better sorted but is a bit complicated TBH

Back
Top Bottom