1200 2V sport upgade.

wrinkleyowlie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I will get some pics up...promise.

OK, so after living with the 1200 sport for a few weeks I've now decided a few upgades may be in order and would like to turn it into a very nice bike.

Currently it's a bog standard 2008 Moto Guzzi 1200 sport 2V in black and white. 24000mls with complete service history and generally in very good condition, apart from some mild to moderate corrosion on some of the lower sited nuts and bolts. Torque arm bolts, brake calliper bolts etc.

I've got a few ideas about what i'd like to do and have allowed a budget of around £2000.00. I plan to get started around the end of September and promise I'll puts some pics in the restoration thread.

Yes, I've got my own Ideas, but I'd be very very interested to know what others would do. I'll bet there are a few gems I'd have never thought of lurking out there.

Steve

When I had the same 1200 Sport, first thing I did was to replace the standard, extremely wide funny angled bars, with Renthal fatbars. Much better ergonomics ...

If I had kept it longer, the seat would have been re padded, far too soft as standard.

Steve... Start with a Manreli exhaust. That'd put some spice into the mix. :)

Back
Top Bottom