Atlantis Trousers.

Mikey

well just a little twisted
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to swop my BMW recalled helmet for a pair of Atlantis trousers. Now the write ups say they're waterproof, what I'd like to know is are they? I'm off to France for a few days and do I need over trousers?

Has anybody tried the waterproof qualities of the Atlantis gear?

At the moment they're probably one of the best trousers I've had, if they are actually waterproof they will be the best.

Mine have been, they do feel a tad heavy when soaked though, I reproof them with the correct spray from BMW when they have to be washed, twice in 8 years :augie

I have looked longingly at the Atlantis jackets, but luckily the dealers I have visited have not had my size as I'm not sure I could resist.

There was a thread a while back on this with the older Atlantis gear which is what I have used.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/336008-Atlantis-re-proofing?highlight=atlantis+trousers+scotchgard

The latest version Atlantis 4 ?? has a waterproof membrane AFAIK so should be fine. Get someone to spray you with a hosepipe :nenau for scientific test analysis :)

It does not have a waterproof membrane, but all seams are backed with waterproof tape. The previous Atlantis 3 did not have this feature, but relied on a separate Goretex line for waterproofing.

I would be very interested to hear how you get on on your trip Mikey, especially when it's hot.

I continue the search for summer touring gear which is waterproof without messing with removable liners but still comfortable when the temps get into the high 20s.

I like the look of the Atlantis kit but without any vents I thought it would get too hot and despite how much I liked it it was tooo expensive to take a punt and hope for the best...

I like the look of the Atlantis kit but without any vents I thought it would get too hot and despite how much I liked it it was tooo expensive to take a punt and hope for the best...

After experiencing 33 degree heat in a Dolomite valley with Atlantis Leather Jeans,I moved to armoured denim jeans matched to an Airshell jacket. I'd rather be too cool and have to layer up rather than be too hot. I ride a fully-faired bike which does not help matters :blast .

I have had to change some of my waterproof layers to the most compact that I could find.

I continue the search for summer touring gear which is waterproof without messing with removable liners but still comfortable when the temps get into the high 20s..

I imagine that really is the holy grail of bike kit. I am moderately happy with my BMW comfort shell suit, jacket has decent front and back vent but trousers don't

I just bought one of the pair that Sadjim had on clearance. A fantastic deal, a brand new pair, with tags on and full warranty, delivered to Ireland for €180.

Can anyone comment on how they perform in warm weather. I'll be in Spain in June and temps will probably get into the 30's........all my mates swear by leather but I've only ever worn a one piece on track.

Back
Top Bottom