Hawaii

polecat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking at Hawaii for New Year next year. Any suggestions on best places to stay (which island etc) and must do things to see and do appreciated :thumb2

Polecat
How long you going for first?
Are you planning on stay in America for a few days to break the trip up
Are you adventuresome person

Sent from my
iPhone using Tapatalk

We did Christmas on Waikiki Beach a couple of years ago, and it was the best Christmas we've ever had abroad. The Moana Surfrider is one of the best hotels, and is where all the action is. Their Christmas Day brunch (which goes on until 3pm) was spectacular.

http://www.moana-surfrider.com

New Years Eve on the beach was something I'll never forget.

Polecat
How long you going for first?
Are you planning on stay in America for a few days to break the trip up
Are you adventuresome person

Sent from my
iPhone using Tapatalk

In early planning stages but..... flying to States 27th December (maybe Seattle but open to suggestions) then on to Hawaii on 29th. Looking at 7 days in the islands then back to the States/Canada for a couple of days before flying home. Adventurous yes, but not climbing volcanos type adventurous :D

We did Christmas on Waikiki Beach a couple of years ago, and it was the best Christmas we've ever had abroad. The Moana Surfrider is one of the best hotels, and is where all the action is. Their Christmas Day brunch (which goes on until 3pm) was spectacular.

http://www.moana-surfrider.com

New Years Eve on the beach was something I'll never forget.

Cheers Nutty. News Years Eve in the beach sounds just the thing :beerjug:

was in San fran this April so went over to Hawaii, landed at Honolulu..wasnt impressed here ! all high rise offices on the beach front !!! reminded me of benidorm. Called in at Pearl Harbour too. stayed just south of here in Waikiki Bay for one night then went to Maui .southern Island ..now that is Paradise !! theres an Island further north too ( can't recall its name) its were Jurasiic Park was filmed. That too was very nice,Quiet and Isolated but I like that type of thing ….you will enjoy it all apart from the major city of Honolulu..

As said Maui is fantastic

The main islands resorts are like Blackpool.
I have some Hawaiian relatives who regularly report to me what a shit hole it is becoming with huge crime muggings etc

As said Maui is fantastic

The main islands resorts are like Blackpool.
I have some Hawaiian relatives who regularly report to me what a shit hole it is becoming with huge crime muggings etc

Honalulu or all the islands ?

She has been far quicker than I expected but this is what she sent

"I would definitely recommend the Big Island! It's beautiful! There are black sand beaches, amazing waterfalls, there is an active volcano and so much more. My parents had a vacation home in the National volcano park area and when I was younger we stayed there for weekends and summers. I am from Oahu, but don't recommend going there since it is so tourist ridden!!

http://www.gohawaii.com/big-island/about/video/

She has been far quicker than I expected but this is what she sent

"I would definitely recommend the Big Island! It's beautiful! There are black sand beaches, amazing waterfalls, there is an active volcano and so much more. My parents had a vacation home in the National volcano park area and when I was younger we stayed there for weekends and summers. I am from Oahu, but don't recommend going there since it is so tourist ridden!!

http://www.gohawaii.com/big-island/about/video/

Thanks Rick :beerjug:

That's the only thing we noticed, the amount of oriental tourists was an eye opener.:D

its full of Orientals due to it being closer to Japan than anywhere else ….a girl who is half hawaiian and half Japanese is stunning ,but where as a half Hawaiian and half jap guy …well what an uglyfuka he is !

I went to Hawaii a few years back. Maui is really special; a very beautiful place. Some tremendous places to ride through and see. But Honolulu... well... try to stay there as little as possible.

I went out a few years ago on my way over to dive the wrecks at Bikini Atoll.

No idea if you like nautical stuff but USS Missouri, Pearl Harbour and USS Bowfin are great places to go if you do.

Back
Top Bottom