Calais through France help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feckenham right off you intolerant coont. Read and digest the OPERA. It's a very short notice trip so no time really for enjoying and perusing maps unfortunately. Better to ask the knowledgableft folk here for a few tips to which I thank you all.....except you, ya miserable twat.
Sorry, did I say you were a twat? .

:D :D

Love it.
But how long would it have taken to look at a twatting map?
And how twatting hard would it have been to select a twatting route for yourself?

Anyway,have a twatting good time.
And post a twatting ride report after it.

Even though we won't need to read it to find out where you went. :D

3 of us have booked a Dover to Calais ferry this coming Saturday, returning the following Saturday. We have no plan whatsoever . We intend to make it up as we go along very flexible no hangups about time and where we should be.

really after some pointers, tips, and a general route to get us out of Calais and onto riding roads as soon as possible cos we really dont have time to plan in detail. Motorway use to be avoided / minimised and will arrive in Calais early afternoon so plenty of time for riding eastish.

Great that you now know what you and your two friends are doing.

None of your request joined up really. It starts with the three bandito bikers - who make no plans, have no cares (and certainly no hangups) - with the thick end of five days to sort something out between them but ends with a thinly disguised revelation that the three gung-ho compadres would really like to know just about anything and everything as they really don't have time to plan in detail; so could someone do it for them, as they don't do plans of any sort, no sir, never.

It is and always will be near enough a straight line, broadly south east; Google, the multi-billion dollar enterprise, will tell you that for free; a truly rare and non-rip off gift from 'The man'. Want to avoid the motorways? Don't take them. Want D roads? They are all shown on a map (you know, that quaint old pre-digital age invention that has been around for at least 3000 years and perfected in intimate detail over the last 100) so head down them. Want twisty ones? Take the ones that look a bit (or a lot) less straight than the straight ones. Want a nice safe British run digs (to use the bikermate vernacular) to rest in overnight to avoid possible exposure to anyone or anything 'foreign'? Well you've found or (more accurately) been told of them alright.

Enjoy you holiday... Now you know how to get there, you three gung-ho bandits you. Be sure to send us a postcard. :beerjug:

PS Here's two blokes with a map... One of them appears to be left handed (a mark of the devil)..,, If they can do it....

TheWrongWayRoundMay2010136Medium.jpg

having been to the Vosges twice this year, I cannot abide the French Peage on account of its mind numbing views :p I much prefer the route through Belgium, Lux etc, Bastogne is a good easy ride from the coast, with lots to see if you want to, here would be my choice of Hotels.
From there the Vosges are a few hours ride depending on whether you want to keep off the motorways or not, and for me the Col de Bussang is the perfect biker Hotel, with a good position for some of the best roads in the area.

Would agree about the MotoHotel at Bussang. Two of us stayed there for 3 nights a couple of years ago, great atmosphere with really friendly hosts in Mark and Ida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom