BMW comfort seat question?

Hi, my 2p's worth..
I had a BMW Comfort seat on my 800gs, did lots of miles & long runs with it, made it hard for me to touch the floor at standstill, (think it raised the seat height about 40mm over standard) but when I took it for trade in I put the standard seat back on for its last journey, WOW, what a difference, the standard seat was NOT comfy at all, hated the last ride.

Also the increased height made the screen ineffective, buffeted my head, so also used a Touratech lockable clamp on screen extender that worked for me.
I'm 5'10" & using a Schuberth S1 pro so no peaked helmet style..

Hope this helps..

Comfort seat does raise the height a bit but boy is it worth it does what it says on the tin cant comment on other such seats as I havnt tried them

my GS800 trophy (2017) arrived last week and the first thing I ordered was a Comfort seat, Its black and red and matches the bike well.

It does not seem to fit well on the bike though, on the right hand side there is a "cutout" in the seat for the Petrol cap, but it does not line up in position . The seat height with the Bmw comfort has now raised from 880 Std to 895. Getting back in touch with the Dealers tomorrow though to see what it won't fit properly .

Part number on box is BMW part C52.53.8.541.618 , wonder if the 2017 model has changed slightly ? or this is an adventure seat ? can you guys throw any light on it ?

DC Sargent seat is same as stock seat height 880mm. It is very comfortable and like all Sargent seats you are sort of cradled in it rather than sitting on top of it like the stock seat which is like a church pew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom