My new twin shock classic!

Reputations,factual experiences,road tests and internet opinions be buggered.

That bike is a thing of rare mechanical beauty.

I love it!

P.S.
Thanks for the advice earlier Chris.
I've got a baby bath half full of petrol on my driveway. :augie

No worries fella, you might be surprised ............ when it bursts into flames :aidan :hide

Fella, Patina is a fancy word for wear and tear. If the tank was all original but knocked about from use then I'd absolutely leave it, however it's an old non original gold star tank with horribly applied shitty filler holding in some awful bolt stuck in there to fill the hole. It's all falling out, it's not cool or full of character, it's just a shite job

With the greatest of respect to all that have decided that it would be better left alone, none have you have seen it in the flesh. Of the 15 or so people that have seen the bike, actually been here and seen it they have all without exception agreed when I've told them of my plans to paint it.

Right .... Off my soapbox! :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JtUKk4QivKU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ok ok ... That is horrible ... Carry on :rolleyes:

Evidence that British bike manufacturers were not wedded to the single. A high cam twin and if it had been developed and given better electrics, frame, forks etc rather than the shite AMC single transferable set up ... ? Yours has Roadholders it seems? Fitted to the Navigator and Electra models. Enjoy it, is all that matters.

Can't get the pic the right way round but if you want copies of the original and other stuff from the Norton manual, PM me.
Always had reservations about the Jubbly altho' w/o direct experience thereof.
Bike looks good Chris.
Glad you'd a safe return Pete.

So by way of a quick update ....

I have yet to touch the old Jubbly but have ridden it most days since I've had it. It's started 1st or second kick every time and runs like a dream. The tank is worse than I first expected, it leaks when filled more than 3/4 full and the paint that's currently on it isn't fuel resistant .... you can imagine the state it's in. I'm super busy at CT HQ just now so the tank will have to wait a while. I have however ordered a pair of Dunlop D803's for it which with a bit of luck will arrive today. I'll get those fitted and hopefully get the wheels somewhere close to balanced. Currently the rim locks are throwing the rear out by TWO HUNDRED GRAMS! Anything over 50mph is challenging and it's certainly not doing the shock mounts and wheel bearings any favours.

Other than that, I'm still just as smitten as the day I picked it up. I took it to the Offham classic vehicle and steam rally a couple of weekends ago .... everyone was trying to bloody buy it off me!!

Looks ideal for MCC trials :)

Ooooh, now I do like the look of that!! :thumb

Back
Top Bottom