Iceland BMW Dealers and Breakdown Cover

buncobooth

Reaction score
Checking the wording of the BMW Motorrad Warranty/Breakdown Cover they do not cover Iceland or Faroe Islands at all :( Does anybody know if any breakdown/warranty cover is available that covers these areas, or what kind of dealer/motorbike shops or support are available in Iceland if you have a problem ?

Thanks John :beerjug:

These bods will do single trip or annual policy and Iceland is covered.

They've quoted me for Iceland for next year and it's cheap (IRO £50) for the peace of mind.

You going back to Iceland next year Jon?

They've quoted me for Iceland for next year and it's cheap (IRO £50) for the peace of mind.

It's cheap - but where will the man in the van have to come from? Best take a tent and all the camping stuff that'll you'll need to survive whilst you wait. It deffo won't be be the same service as the AA here!

Alternatively take one or both of a big tool set and/or a mechanic...

:)

Sorry to but in on thread. Myself and a friend are looking to go over their next year(Iceland) and hire some 650 BMW's. Did you fly out and if so were you able to take your helmets on the plain or in the hold. Cheers.

I did that last year. We rode to Manchester, locked the bike up in the free underpass bike park, unpacked contents of panniers into a big Ortleib bag which we checked in then took helmets as hand luggage. They fit in the overheads just fine.

Sorry to but in on thread. Myself and a friend are looking to go over their next year(Iceland) and hire some 650 BMW's. Did you fly out and if so were you able to take your helmets on the plain or in the hold. Cheers.

Bikes were shipped via Samskip from immingham to Reykjavik. Most people flew from Luton with a sleezyjet flight.

Personally my helmet was fixed on my bike but there were passengers carrying helmets on the flight.

Biking Viking rent out Bmw bikes, they also do tours.

Ice bikes

Another vote for the guys at Biking Viking, top guys,

Back
Top Bottom