GTR1400

polecat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Picked this up this morning. First impressions are that it goes like stink, it's more comfortable than the gs, it needs a taller screen and I better not lose the transponder thingy :thumb2

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    26.4 KB · Views: 570
Could you do me a favour..an odd one. Measure the distance from the passenger footpeg to the rear seat. This is the critical measurement for my wife who seems to now have dodgy knees. I'm interested to know how it stacks against the GS Cheers

Picked this up this morning. First impressions are that it goes like stink, it's more comfortable than the gs, it needs a taller screen and I better not lose the transponder thingy :thumb2

They do go well :D I had one when they first came out you should have two transponders handle well as well but eat tyres 2000 miles a set if you use all the performance

There is a Kawasaki optional tall screen but its a barn door and did not work for me I just kept the screen set low and sat in the air flow

Davey. It's not a particularly good picture but it's approximately 48cm from the foot rest to the top edge of the pillion seat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 548
Last edited:
They do go well :D I had one when they first came out you should have two transponders handle well as well but eat tyres 2000 miles a set if you use all the performance

There is a Kawasaki optional tall screen but its a barn door and did not work for me I just kept the screen set low and sat in the air flow

Cheers Steve. Maybe some sort of lip on top of the screen. Will look in to it.

Is it as easy to get on and off as it looks ? The seat looks low and comfy.

What about weather protection ? Looks like a good bad weather bike.

Indeed they are great bikes - shit off a shovel fast. I had a black 2011 but sold it in June this year for my 2014 GSA LC. The new models only come with 1 transponder BTW. I can recommend the MRA Vario screen with the X-screen thingy on top - great for spring and summer. If you wantsomething a bit taller the powerbronze flip screen is pretty good for autum and winter, I used to swap them out depending on the season. I would recommend some drop protection though, it will save you a fortune on scuffed fairings & panniers: either bars front and rear or topblock front and bungs/bars on the rear. The suspension adjustment knob notoriously seizes so give it a turn regularly. There is an accessory lead front and rear for all your farkles too. Have a look at the UK GTR1400 forum.

Tessie (Beowulf exhaust, Givi Monokey topbox + Heroblobs plate)
GTR1400%20For%20Sale-22_zpsa4qmal2w.jpg

MRA Vario
GTR1400%20For%20Sale-10_zpszzkayfy9.jpg

Powerbronze flip screen
5DB94A47-2C81-492A-B3FA-E49DF7FA4425-919-000001CB4CB4106D_zpsa434231b.jpg

I do miss her a little but then I miss all my previous bikes!

I've got a laminar lip fitted on mine which seems to work well. The aftermarket screens are huuuuuuuuuge.

You only get one transponder with newer bikes so keep a spare battery in your wallet.

What about weather protection ? Looks like a good bad weather bike.

Really easy to get on and off. The weather protection is brilliant as I found out on my way back from Normandy. Just my elbows and trouser bottoms got damp.

Yeah, easy to get on and off but you have to be mindful of catching the top of the panniers with ya boots, but you can get that 3M stuff to cover the tops. I always found the seat to be really comfy even for long hours but my fat arse has more padding than most. Some people change the seat but I have an air hawk if ever ever need extra comfort, kept it for the GSA LC but I find that quite good too.

Back
Top Bottom