Brittany Trip end of September

EasySushi

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Open invite for a short trip to Brittany departing from Portsmoth 29th/30th Sep, /1st/2nd/3rd Oct all camping

Only looking for a couple of riders for a laugh, beer, banter, food and good roads

Cheers

Ty

I could possibly do 29th - 2nd but I have a course starting on the 3rd.

Just as a thought the tunnel is only £88 return for those dates and more flexible on travelling times.

So after meeting up to look at a map and discuss dates it looks like we are going early Wednesday 28th for the tunnel and returning Sunday 2nd October around mid day with no plans inbetween other than camping, riding and improving pub fitness.

So after meeting up to look at a map and discuss dates it looks like we are going early Wednesday 28th for the tunnel and returning Sunday 2nd October around mid day with no plans inbetween other than camping, riding and improving pub fitness.

Well it sound like a fine plan to me

Did you get to Brittany in September 2016?

I am thinking of doing a late trip End of September / Early October and would be grateful for any weather, places to see and accommodation pointers.

Places to visit with some accommodation I have used

St Malo - Hotel Bristol union (off street parking)
Dinan - I have stayed at the Mercure at the port but it is pricey but very nice if your out to impress the missis
Dol d'Bretagne - Hotel de Bretagne Logis de france
Cancarle - Lovely fishing town with go karting nearby
Rennes - Hotel Le Victoria cheap with off street parking
Vannes - We stayed at the Ibis near the Station but it is a fair walk to the marina area where its vibrant, we got lost on the return after a fair amount of drinkies.
Auray - Good place to stop for Lunch
La Trinite-sur Mer - beautiful port
Quiberon - Ibis Hotel French summer resort
Carnac - French beach resort
Quimper - Its different but just south of the national park below
Parc naturel regional D'armorique - Similar to Dartmoor
Paimpol - Lovely fishing port
Binic - Another beautiful port
Saint-Quay Pontrieux - small town with huge marina
Mont Saint Michel - Not quite Brittany
Avranches - Normandy
Granville - Normandy take the coast road the beautiful D911 from Avranches and stay at the Ibis on the marina another lovely fishing port.

Anyhoo these are some nice places all worth a visit, maybe you can plan a trip with them in mind :thumb2

Did you get to Brittany in September 2016?

I am thinking of doing a late trip End of September / Early October and would be grateful for any weather, places to see and accommodation pointers.

We did get away and pretty much winged it all the way stopping when and where it pleased us and looking for a campsite at the end of each day. I managed to trash my back packing the tent away one morning and made the mistake of riding on whilst numbing the pain with pain killers. That ruined my back for 3 months and lots of time spent at the chiropractors and physio. The trip was awesome though and loads of places to see. We pretty much headed towards Mont Saint Michel from the tunnel and back going via the D day beaches on the way.

Back
Top Bottom