Rukka... schmukka..

I'm sure I read somewhere that Klim aren't without their problems.

Everything will have its problems of course but I dont know anyone who has one that isnt very very pleased.

My Badlands pro is now 4 years and about 30k in all weathers and still looking good ( i look like a bag of shit tied in the middle with string )

I am not convinced that the newer ones are "built"to the same standard mind you

My Rukka Flexius is in Finland as we speak, Got absolutely soaked on my way to devon during August Bank holiday weekend. Zip leaking on the belly area and sleeves are seeping watter at the inner elbows. I only paid £359 for it in January. Have I had my homework done I would have bought a Pro shell Laminate Jacket. Hopefully Ruka will send a new jacket and my local dealer agreed to exchange it for something else in the Rukka range that is a Pro shell Laminate.

Add to that, my Rukka Virioum Gloves have failed in italy this year, the inner lining has separated from the other, Sent them away, got a new and improved set back. My Armaxion trousers are fine but would've liked a bit more ventilation, especially today :eek:

My Aerostich jacket now 22 years old and going strong...its been from here
to the Sahara, Arctic Circle, Syria and Jordan, Armenia and off to Iran next week (all with me wearing it, I should atress!)

As the old saying goes, "They don't make them like that anymore!" :rob

My Aerostich jacket now 22 years old and going strong...its been from here
to the Sahara, Arctic Circle, Syria and Jordan, Armenia and off to Iran next week (all with me wearing it, I should atress!)

I'd have a jacket by Aerostich if somebody flogged their products in the UK.

For the time being I'll stick with my old Baleno stuff.

You can not call a cosmic suit a RUKKA SUIT, yes it is manufactured by Rukka but the waterproofing is in the liner. If you want proper protection you must pay proper money for the goretex bonded suits.

You could have checked the Cosmic specs before writing this. Cosmic is Goretex Pro so membrane IS bonded.

I returned from North Coast 500 last week and my 1 year old Cosmic was fine. Never let the water in however had two repairs of both left and right hip zips on the jacket.

My Rukka Flexius is in Finland as we speak, Got absolutely soaked on my way to devon during August Bank holiday weekend. Zip leaking on the belly area and sleeves are seeping watter at the inner elbows. I only paid £359 for it in January. Have I had my homework done I would have bought a Pro shell Laminate Jacket. Hopefully Ruka will send a new jacket and my local dealer agreed to exchange it for something else in the Rukka range that is a Pro shell Laminate.

Was considering purchasing the Rukka Flexius....after much research, it seems the best balance of comfort, flexibility, cool in warmer climates etc. The Armas (Pro-Shell laminate) by many accounts has been reported as too hot for use in temps above 30 deg C, and I dont like the dreaded Gore lockout system.
However, the Flexius with the drop liner seemed a good compromise for Spring /Summer/Autumn riding. Any other users got good/bad experiences with the Rukka Flexius?

I've had a Rukka Armaxion jacket and trousers for a year. No leaks from jacket but trousers get damp around crutch.

First issue was the waist band, with first one side and then the other plastic loops snapping within a few months. Replaced them myself with metal d-rings and still going strong. Then the main zip pull on the jacket disintegrated.

Out of our regular group of about a dozen riders at least 6 have what we somewhat jokingly call Wukka as it's all made in China. Everyone of us Wukka owners have had issues with clips, rings and zips with a few having leakage problems.

A friend who is a motorcycle traffic officer was out the other day on a advanced refresher course and it pissed down. In his own words, "I was soaked down to my boxers!" Another vote for Wukka!

Luckily I've got some older HG goretex gear which will keep me going until I get some replacements which will not be Rukka.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I have a rukka suit used it for apx 10 years almost no problems
But having read almost every post ref rukka and its apparent lowering in standards I chose to go down the road of Klim
And imo it is a much better suite than any of rukka
Rukka are beying attacked from all sides today Klim rst dainese etc perhaps as someone has stated living on the name is not
The best thing to do r&d get it right people will stay loyal
If not the the money goes to the new kids

Just to add to this as a warning to anyone considering a purchase. I bought the Rukka Armaxion jacket and trousers, two years ago, on the internet from Bikerland. The jacket has been great so far. However I previously had to send the trousers away for a warranty repair when the belt loops broke.
Now I have a small tear mark above the knee. This appeared out of the blue around what looks like a road tar stain. Photos were forwarded to Rukka by Bikerland. It was deemed the repair was not covered under warranty.
The outer fabric looks very thin indeed. I hate to think how they would hold up in a spill...

My Klim badlands pro ( the original) is still looking good at about 40K and 4 years.

I admit to not wearing it much in the winter as i don't ride but other than that it has seem a lot of rain and never leaked, nothing has broken or dropped off.

I expect it to last a good few years yet

Just to add to this as a warning to anyone considering a purchase. I bought the Rukka Armaxion jacket and trousers, two years ago, on the internet from Bikerland. The jacket has been great so far. However I previously had to send the trousers away for a warranty repair when the belt loops broke.
Now I have a small tear mark above the knee. This appeared out of the blue around what looks like a road tar stain. Photos were forwarded to Rukka by Bikerland. It was deemed the repair was not covered under warranty.
The outer fabric looks very thin indeed. I hate to think how they would hold up in a spill...
I had a spill earlier this year with an Armaxion suit and it did wear at contact points but not that badly.

from the dark side this was sent

How come, didn't the IAM shield 'protect' you
Ditched IAM few years ago. Too many had heads up arses.
Plus nothing saves you from a wet road that has had 300 litres of diesel poured over it.

Ditched IAM few years ago. Too many had heads up arses.
Plus nothing saves you from a wet road that has had 300 litres of diesel poured over it.

Diesel, it's always diesel when a bod tumbles off.

Diesel, it's always diesel when a bod tumbles off.
Whatever, photos of the "alleged" diesel are in arseys thread about his French trip in April this year.

I can't believe how bad the quality of this so called 'premium brand' has become. Last year I bought a Cosmic jacket... it's at the upper end of the price range so I would expect it would be up to the task of the daily riggers of motorcycling in this part of the world.

Within a year, all of the frequently used zips broke... two cuffs and finally the main front zip...

There's a saying.. if you get a reputation for being the early bird then you can stay in bed all day... It appears Rukka is starting to trade on it's reputation.

I know this thread is a couple of years old but I've only just found it whilst searching for other disgruntled Rukka customers.

You can add my name to the list.

In 2015 I bought a Cosmic Jacket & Armaxion trousers. Worst mistake ever. Within a matter of weeks the stitching on the jacket fails.
Rukka repair the stitching and send it back to the retailer. The retailer contacts me and states that the repair is so bad they're too embarassed to show me it and replace the jacket at their expense.

That was the first warranty claim and that one took 7 weeks and 3 days.

Since then the zip has failed no less than 5 times and has been repaired.

My Cosmic jacket is currently with Rukka again and has been for the past 3 weeks. Nobody can tell me how long it's going to be this time.

Meanwhile in an e-mail from Richard Troth (Warranty and Customer Service Manager at Trannam, Rukka's UK Distributer)................ "We are very sorry to hear you are disatisfied with one of our products but I feel that we have provided a good service".

I disagree or perhaps I'm expecting too much from a £900 jacket!

11k miles in my Rukka Navigattor suit in all weathers, its still weather tight and iMHO brilliant, so fingers crossed, maybe I got lucky.

My cosmic jacket was a bit shit. Went for repair twice, then they ended up giving me a Navigator jacket under warranty, thats been faultless.

Back
Top Bottom