Rukka... schmukka..

I feel for you both all I can say is I use Klim
And this might pi** people off but yes I had a warranty claim on a badlands jacket
Due to a zip pull I was joking with my beaker and said what a shoddy bit of kit it was
And guess what they replaced the jacket just for a zip pull the kit dose exactly what
it should and has never let rain in I was blown away by the service I got
rukka have traided On reputation for to long with no product looking like it will last
I would put them in the league of oxford kit now

Ive just ordered the Armorscope from infinity so hopefully i dont get any issues.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

My Armaxis jacket, Armaxion troos and Apollo gloves are just about 4 years old. Apart from one red breast pocket tag everything is still fully attached, fully working and fully waterproof on all 3 items. I would swear by this gear as I’ve ridden through serious drenchings countless times.

Rukka will have hopefully improved quality by the time I have to replace everything.

Clive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can not call a cosmic suit a RUKKA SUIT, yes it is manufactured by Rukka but the waterproofing is in the liner. If you want proper protection you must pay proper money for the goretex bonded suits.
You get what you pay for .....Who said motorcycling what cheap ?

I agree I have had RUKKA for over 6 years and your right unless you have a two or three laminate layer pro shell your always going to be susceptible to water leaks. I really like my Rukka Armas S which i have actually owned 4 and still own 2 one i wear all the time covering 15k per year. And one which is almost new unfortunately i cant fit into it .. See my add here if anyone want a LEAK PROOF EU58 Great Jacket http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...-2017-model-Used-ONE-TIME-only-EU58-UK48-Mint
Its a shame Rukka is becoming Wooka! but that said most garments are expensive and usually all frills and no nickers.

Looks like we chose the ‘Pukka Rukka’.

Did you see what I did there!

Clive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No What did you do ?

all jackets and stuff are expensive to buy and all have troubles I was talking to a pal yesterday who has had lots of trouble with his new BMW stuff, I have had one zip pull go on my Armas and one cuff zip in my older armas but they never leak... I don't understand ebay potential buyers as I have 7 watching my RUKKA SALE on ebay sale .. But no one buys it? I have had 2 offers but not enough.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 07.34.04.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 07.34.04.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_2560.jpg
    IMG_2560.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 308
I know this thread is a couple of years old but I've only just found it whilst searching for other disgruntled Rukka customers.

You can add my name to the list.

In 2015 I bought a Cosmic Jacket & Armaxion trousers. Worst mistake ever. Within a matter of weeks the stitching on the jacket fails.
Rukka repair the stitching and send it back to the retailer. The retailer contacts me and states that the repair is so bad they're too embarassed to show me it and replace the jacket at their expense.

That was the first warranty claim and that one took 7 weeks and 3 days.

Since then the zip has failed no less than 5 times and has been repaired.

My Cosmic jacket is currently with Rukka again and has been for the past 3 weeks. Nobody can tell me how long it's going to be this time.

Meanwhile in an e-mail from Richard Troth (Warranty and Customer Service Manager at Trannam, Rukka's UK Distributer)................ "We are very sorry to hear you are disatisfied with one of our products but I feel that we have provided a good service".

I disagree or perhaps I'm expecting too much from a £900 jacket!

Breaking News.........Rukka Cosmic jacket update.........

After four weeks of waiting I collected my repaired Jacket on Tuesday morning and rode 17 miles home.

This morning I thought I'd brave the heatwave and pop out for a spin on my bike. Alas it was not to be. The zip broke again (FAILURE NUMBER 7!!!!!!).

Once again I am jacketless.

Got a Rukka armacor suit ten years ago gone purple in places looks like shit all zips poppers and Velcro working gets washed and reproofed with tecwax once a year.
Went through twelve hours of rain in Scotland on the RBLR 1000 on the 15th June all dry, having read this lot i'll be keeping it another ten years.

Is busterlung an indication that you might just be putting the zips under some considerable strain, perhaps? Or, just possibly, are you a bit cack handed; do you struggle opening milk cartons, maybe?

Is busterlung an indication that you might just be putting the zips under some considerable strain, perhaps? Or, just possibly, are you a bit cack handed; do you struggle opening milk cartons, maybe?

My username and/or my ability to open milk cartons have no relevance to the topic of this thread.

What the failures do highlight though is an inherent design fault with the zips on Rukka garments. Posts on several internet forums and personnal blogs will testify to this.

Ok ... so what alternatives are there out in the world other than Rukka ?.... was thinking of replacing my 7 year old stuff (which is bombproof) but may hang back ...

Ok ... so what alternatives are there out in the world other than Rukka ?.... was thinking of replacing my 7 year old stuff (which is bombproof) but may hang back ...

Rev It

Dominator GTX is brilliant

8ab35e3a7ac3053f677d7c7435a8a45d.jpeg

I’ve had Rev It kit for years and none has ever leaked.

Had my Dominator GTX jacket,pants and gloves for a couple of years . Brilliant stuff though now wear Rokker jeans instead of the pants.

If it’s done you seven years, it might well do you 10. Three more bombproof years!

If the seven year old bombproof kit is Rukka, it puts the “It’s all shite” statement into some doubt.

RiDE do half decent reviews of clothing; it’s as good a guide as any, I guess.

I'm sticking to BMW gear. 10 years on a Rally Pro2 without any failures. It finally got too old and nasty so I replaced it with a new Enduroguard suit and it has kept me bone-dry during several white out rainstorms here in Florida..
A few of my friends have Rukka and it works for them but it is the older gear too.

I replaced my 10 year old Rukka Armas suit earlier this year with the new Rukka Nivala suit.
The previous suit was fantastic and so far the Nivala has been its equal.
Did some cold weather riding in the Pyrenees in March and then tested it in the wet in the Picos in June and it has done everything its supposed to!
I know it costs a fortune but I reckon you get what you pay for and as usual its all down to personal taste.
The new down liners are great and the 6 year warranty is not to be sniffed at.
The only down side is that wearing it in the south of Portugal is a struggle but I then throw on my old Rally suit.

Back
Top Bottom