Octber/November

^^^^ no point asking questions and not taking advice...so we are rebooked in to a nice hotel in Solsona. Been on google maps and street view and it all looks better.

Meanwhile combining Michelin maps, Google maps, street view (to see what roads are 'actually' like) and 'motogoloco.com', we have plotted and saved some great routes. Now counting down to the trip. Btw, anybody who could never get a long with the infamous 'Base camp', abandon ship now and go straight to 'motogoloco.com'. Its a breeze to use and routes can be downloaded in the correct format for Garmin, Tomtom and others. Big thumbs up.:thumby:

Are there any 'must sees' or 'must do' roads near Solsona? Looks like I still have 1 day to plan for us. ;)

Ride to the motorcycle museum and Bassalla, then down a stretch of the horrible C14 to Ponts and take the C1411b ro either Tremp, La Pobla de Segur where you pick up the N-260 to Sort and back east over Port de Canto pass. If you're feeling really brave and it's a good day you can carry on the N-260 as far as Ripoll and back to Solsona via Berga - see below - but may be pushing it even in summer ...

Or turn off at Isona for Coll de Nargo and from there head to San Lorenç de Morunys on the L-401 - that's the route mentioned ain the above post- Then depending on the day you can head home or carry on to Berga and ride back to Solsona via C-26 - a very varied route throughout!

Regs

Simon
PS - at the museum you can leave your clobber in a tiny cloakroom behind the reception if you ask - there's also a fast food joint in the complex for breakfast if you wanted to make an early start and a long day of it ...

Thanks Simon, got some of those routes already included and stored on sat nav. Will have a look and see what else we can incorporate from your suggestions. New roadsmart 3s fitted and just counting down the days now..:bounce1

Thanks Simon, got some of those routes already included and stored on sat nav. Will have a look and see what else we can incorporate from your suggestions. New roadsmart 3s fitted and just counting down the days now..:bounce1

You're welcome. Note that the museum has a 'branch' in Barcelona city centre, so if SWMBO insists on a day or two in that fantastic city ask for a double ticket at the first one you go to - the second one is just €1!

Regs

Simon

Try Casa Leonardo at Senterada great catalan hospitality

I second this recommendation, the first impression "Oh it will do for the night" but rooms are excellent and the food great. Hospitality of the hostess was great as was that of her husband. I would definitely stay here again.

I second this recommendation, the first impression "Oh it will do for the night" but rooms are excellent and the food great. Hospitality of the hostess was great as was that of her husband. I would definitely stay here again.

Don't forget to ask tehm to show you the old grocery store which is pretty mch as it was when it was closed - must have been cerca 1970 - they just use it t store crates of beer for the bar, otherwsie untouched.

Another great place to stay is Casa Lola in Talarn, near Tremp.

Regs

Simon

After a long haul down on Saturday, we got to Solsona from Toulouse yesterday. Cracking roads within 1 hour of Toulouse and just got better and better! Hotel Roc in Solsona has secure covered in parking. Spot on. New roadsmarts scrubbed in nicely yesterday.
Sat nav set for a 230 mile round route today. Happy days ;)

Just back off ferry yesterday (bloody terrible crossing), but we had some real luck in Spain. A few fog patches which either cleared, or we rode out of. Otherwise sun, sun, sun. ;)
Some new roads travelled, ever thing from bend after bend tight twisty to high speed sweepers. Solsona to Balageur was a cracker..will try and get some pictures up later in the week.
Thanks for advice on location and roads :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom