Protecting bare metal

wrinkleyowlie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've cleaned up some of the parts from my guzzi project as the budget won't run to new parts.

Bits in question...oil cooler connectors...brake hose connectors...some large nuts and bolts i.e. engine mounts etc.

Question is, is there anything I can do to protect these parts, or just paint them.

Any recommendation for BRUSH applied engine paint would also be helpful.

Ta

Steve

Brighten them up with wire wool and give them a wipe with ACF50 on a rag ...... adds patina :)

Gyeon Q2 RIM will protect it very well. It's not the easiest to apply but it's worth the effort. It has to be applied at 20°C minimum and allowed to cure for 24 hours. When it cures, it's as hard as glass (it is silica based), which means you have to make sure you buff it properly when applying it because any smudges etc will be permanent. It's hydrophobic, so it repels water (and dirt) and is highly chemical resistant which means tar remover etc won't strip it off. You apply it once and it's done forever.

I buy all my detailing products from Polished Bliss. They're a top class company to deal with.

Find a local zinc plater and just get them re-plated. I'd be staggered if it cost more than a tenner ;)

These are from a 2002 Ducati monster, all original, just re-plated

IMG_9907 by tunneruk, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom