And East Germany/Saxony.

coyotedave

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Don't ignore this part of Germany, It may not have the high Alps and tight twisting roads but it has a wonderful history and quaint little villages hidden away in the valleys of the Harz.
Just had a week there staying at Hotel Harmonie, recommend. Peter and Corrina are great and treet you as part of the family.

Down in Dresden for a couple of days. I'm not really a city person but it was recommended. And a nice place it is too, With the Elbe running through the centur and lots of good drinking and eating places in and around Martin Luther square.
Popped into Dresden Touratech to buy a tank bag. Great bunch of guys AND galls.

Colditz today, phew was it hot, 36deg was the highest temp recorded on the bike.
Not much less walking around the Castle and town square. Another recommend visit.

Cheers Dave.

Ps, wapping may add his own comments. :bow:bow

I lived in Dresden for 2 years and can assure you that all of Saxony is delightful and roads are virtually empty.

I'll be going back especially the Baltic Coast and the lakes area around Furstenberg Havel north of Berlin

Liked it so much this year that we have booked for a week next year.

Torfhaus is a great place to hang out with bikers and take in the views of the national park.

Cheers Dave.

Liked it so much this year that we have booked for a week next year.

Torfhaus is a great place to hang out with bikers and take in the views of the national park.

Cheers Dave.

Passed it today. More quad bikes than motor bikes but they still shift! Cracking area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom