New Schuberth C4 And R2 helmets to arrive in Spring 2017!!!!!

EVskij

Hand-crafting clients' ideas in real time
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just been informed by a sales assistant at my local motorcycle clothing store that Schuberth will be releasing two new helmets, a C4 and R2. I have also been told that Schuberth have a new coms kit manufacturer on board. :bounce1 Apparently Schuberth and Cardo have had a bit of an issue with their manufactured (Cardo) coms kits, a bit like Pinlock, Hence why latest schubert lids come with SAFS (Schuberth anti fog system) pillock:green gri. So it seem that relationship has come to an end and new C4 Will be coming with preinstalled coms kit developed by Sena :bow:bounce1:clap (according to this French site (Pictures)) http://www.motomag.com/Exclu-C4-et-R2-deux-nouveaux-casques-Schuberth-pour-2017.html#.V9hQv2Uq9A4

schuberth_c3pro_c4_comparatif.jpg

The new C4 seem to have a wide field of view visor which is good from my point of view. Expect more news to come once Schuberth unveil the two lids officially later this year in Germany.

For now here is the translated (courtesy of Google translate) text with the relevant information for both lids.

Spring 2017 will see two major new Schuberth add to its catalog. Starting with the C4, a scalable high-end located in the line C3 and C3 Pro, integrated communication system and more. Pre-equipped with the same communication system, the R2 is complete without sports visor, a segment hitherto neglected by the brand. Sign of the importance of these models, these new products were unveiled at an official presentation made at the headquarters of the brand located in Magdeburg (Germany).
C4, a modular ready to communicate

At first glance, the C4 does not revolutionize the modular line of the brand. Kiska, the office responsible for the design of the new Schuberth -but also of KTM or Husqvarna- has fully integrated the aesthetic codes of Pro C3 or C3, his (future) predecessors, retouching them.
Technically, the fundamentals are retained but modified to improve: fiber shell more fluid glass, straight screen offering a wider field of vision, sunshade slider and vents designed to be handled with big gloves to winter, etc.
The real innovation is inside. C4 is equipped with a new pre-integrated communication system and developed, either by Cardo, but by Sena. Micro - set in an original way above the right- eyebrow, speakers, antenna are integrated as standard. Housing is designed to accommodate the battery and the control unit, optional.
Oh yes ! One last point! Schuberth has promised that the sealing problem of C3 Pro screen has been fixed on this new model. With an edge, the screen should support more optimally on the joint.
Practical information
Price: 649 or € 749 depending on color (excluding communication system)
Available sizes: XS (53) XXXL (65)
Availability: Spring 2017

arton31230.jpg

R2, back to basics

Schuberth lacked a full technical but easy, for the greatest number. This lack will soon be corrected with R2 which will complement the range S2 sports and SR2, more upscale.
R2 has to distinguish itself from the competition design, also signed by Kiska, its aerodynamics and its soundproofing, the fruits of development in clean Schuberth wind tunnel. The field is advertised as above average, including lying down on the tank. Comfort is cared for by the contribution of a course antibacterial coating, quick-drying, but mostly seamless.
Devoid visor, R2 does not mean helpless. Double loop ring, emergency extraction system cushions the cheeks or anti-fog lens are basic accessories. Like the C4, this integral will be pre-equipped with SC1 communication system, available in two versions. It costs between 199 and 299 euros depending on the level of features (radio, music sharing, long distance dialogue, etc.).
Practical information
Price: € 419 or € 499 depending on color (excluding communication system)
Available sizes: XS (53) XXL (63)
Availability: Spring 2017

£649.00 not inc the comms ? So just short of a grand them all in ? Thanks , but no thanks

Lets not Jump to conclusions Sir, These aren't official figures (nor are they in sterling) as French site is in fact getting a bit of a stick for releasing information publicly before the official unveiling. It may not be that much after all, In fact, if you read the article you'll notice of a said prefited Sena Coms kit, all it will need (allegedly) is a battery pack.

£649.00 not inc the comms ? So just short of a grand them all in ? Thanks , but no thanks

The C4 looks like it's a relic from a dodgy 80s sci-fi movie/Blakes 7! and the R2 as shown isn't floating my boat though the design/colour chosen leaves a lot to be desired and what's with the weird ears styling behind the visor pivot? Glad I plumped for an S2 Sport . Which if anyone is interested to know the Sena 10u for a GT Air fits ok with no modding though obviously without any formal homologation.

The way I see it is that those who feel that their chin is to close to chin bar in C3/C3 Pro, should have a little bit more room now. I currently own a C3 Pro which I had now 3 years, It is a good lid over all but Cardo developed SRC system is a bit "hormonal" at times, would be nice to see what this sent collaboration is like.

When I get caught in the heavy shower, water leaks on the inside of the visor, then gets trapped between pillock and resulting in fogging, basically it is getting a bit now as it is my one and only lid that been used pretty much 5-6 days a week for the last 3 years. Just emailed Schuberth with all the problems I have and with a bit of luck I may get resolved as UK importer TranAm isn't willing to help as my warranty has run out, apparently because I bought it in September 2013 it was only under warranty for 2 years and if I was to buy it as of January 2014 it would have been covered by a 5 year warranty. Seem to recall being sold at the time with a 5 Year warranty. Basically I kind of like C4 at the moment but wearing one and seeing it in person will be the moment I say Yay or Ney.

The C4 looks like it's a relic from a dodgy 80s sci-fi movie/Blakes 7! and the R2 as shown isn't floating my boat though the design/colour chosen leaves a lot to be desired and what's with the weird ears styling behind the visor pivot? Glad I plumped for an S2 Sport . Which if anyone is interested to know the Sena 10u for a GT Air fits ok with no modding though obviously without any formal homologation.

I've had my C3 for a year and it works fine in not-so-sunny Scotland, but I was almost dying today riding from Ijmuiden ferry to a night stop in Germany with temperature reaching 34 degrees

Not a breath of ventilation unless you open the visor. Seriously not performing.

I love the build quality & the fit is all day comfy, but it is seriously below par when the temperature rises.

So - I hope any new model is an improvement

Chin bar definitely seems longer. I couldn't get a C3 to fit because it felt way to short....front to back.

On a recent loan bike 700Gs it was brilliant with ventilation, because there is a idly so called windscreen. I think because larger 1200GS's have a tall and latest ones adjustable screens we tend to get even bigger screens to keep wet away but in the meanwhile completely blocking any ventilation there is from those "barn doors":blast, resulting in sitting inside a non ventilated cocoon. :blast

I've had my C3 for a year and it works fine in not-so-sunny Scotland, but I was almost dying today riding from Ijmuiden ferry to a night stop in Germany with temperature reaching 34 degrees

Not a breath of ventilation unless you open the visor. Seriously not performing.

I love the build quality & the fit is all day comfy, but it is seriously below par when the temperature rises.

So - I hope any new model is an improvement

A bit morre info,

The prestigious German manufacturer of helmets introduced a new version odklápěčky integrálky C4 and R2, which are among the best that you can put on your head, both in addition to sun visor. Try'll be able to Motosalon already Intermot in Cologne in a few weeks. The new version will replace the C4 flip helmet on top of the current version of the C3 and C3 Pro. Among the new features in R2 include C4 and most importantly, fully integrated communication system. The design took care design studio, Kiska, who is also the author of forms KTM and Husqvarna. Both helmets follows its previous version, and differ mainly colors. Security enhancements include softer padding or shifting gears with a wider angle of vision and better control the sun visor and gloves. But the main innovation is hidden inside. C4 has a new communications system that is fully integrated inside the helmet. The company abandoned the previous supplier Cardo and went on instrumentation equipment Sena. Even the standard version includes a helmet microphones, high-quality speakers and built-in antenna.

More on: http://motodenik.cz/clanek/2088-schuberth-c4-a-r2-2017-s-ukrytym.html

Schuberth C4 and R2

Hi Guys

Just had to add a post here to say we support your group and are a big Schuberth Dealer. Call Pete and I will look after you with club deals on these once I know prices. Give me a call on 0191 653 1303 or drop me a email Sales@justhelmets.co.uk. Hope you don't mind me mentioning this :)

Pete
Just Helmets
www.justhelmets.co.uk

Hi Guys

Just had to add a post here to say we support your group and are a big Schuberth Dealer. Call Pete and I will look after you with club deals on these once I know prices. Give me a call on 0191 653 1303 or drop me a email Sales@justhelmets.co.uk. Hope you don't mind me mentioning this :)

Pete
Just Helmets
www.justhelmets.co.uk

Cheers Pete

Nice to see you on here.. From a happy 'just helmets' customer

Cheers Pete

Nice to see you on here.. From a happy 'just helmets' customer

Thanks really appreciate that- I don't like to jump into conversations but just a bit excited about this one. I think the Comms system on this helmet will be awesome, the M1 is a great helmet with the Plug and Plug SRC so really looking forward to seeing the C4. I will be viewing it on 27 Oct so if OK will post what I know when I get back from the launch.

Yes please :bounce1:roll:bounce1

Thanks really appreciate that- I don't like to jump into conversations but just a bit excited about this one. I think the Comms system on this helmet will be awesome, the M1 is a great helmet with the Plug and Plug SRC so really looking forward to seeing the C4. I will be viewing it on 27 Oct so if OK will post what I know when I get back from the launch.

+1. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it. I'm holding off on a new helmet purchase to see about the C4

I have a C3 pro and on a naked bike it's excellent however with a screen it's not too god with water running inside the visor in heavy rain and very poor hot weather ventilation. Basically given that Schuberth are supposed to be a premium design led brand I'm not convinced by what they offer. I wouldn't buy another.

I have a C3 pro and on a naked bike it's excellent however with a screen it's not too god with water running inside the visor in heavy rain and very poor hot weather ventilation. Basically given that Schuberth are supposed to be a premium design led brand I'm not convinced by what they offer. I wouldn't buy another.

I sell alot of C3 Pro's, I have had afew with this problem but not enough to cause me concern to stop selling the product. The customers that I sold to that reported this had the seal replaced by the importer 'Tran-am' an this sorted the problem. Contact your dealer or speak to them direct and they can fix this for you. From what I understand this has been addressed in the C4 design now though

I sell alot of C3 Pro's, I have had afew with this problem but not enough to cause me concern to stop selling the product. The customers that I sold to that reported this had the seal replaced by the importer 'Tran-am' an this sorted the problem. Contact your dealer or speak to them direct and they can fix this for you. From what I understand this has been addressed in the C4 design now though

I had my C3 pro now 3 years. TranAm said it was no longer covered by warranty, a quick email to schuberth and according to them it is covered. It is going back to TranAm on Monday with email from schuberth included in the box. I agree about poor ventilation when riding GS or similar bike, on a naked it's a different ball game.

An update!

I have been informed that Schuberth or BMW dropping each other as Schuberth is unable to supply the demand for the EVO 6 helmets. Now I had a close look at the Evo 6 and it is remarkebly looking very similar to the upcoming C4. Of cause C4 can't look identical to the Evo 6 but few details tweaked it will possibly be a revamped BMW lid with Sena coms kit. The give away for me was the shape of the visor at the pivot end.

quqBh4

TzeKtr

feel free to comment

Forgot to mention that BMW will be manufacturing their own "evo 7" lids.

Forgot to mention that BMW will be manufacturing their own "evo 7" lids.

By that you mean that BMW will be getting an Italian manufacurer , a Japanese manufacturer or more likely a Chinese factory to produce an in house design for £30 that they can sell on for £500 in the UK

Back
Top Bottom