New Schuberth C4 And R2 helmets to arrive in Spring 2017!!!!!

Might want to try Pete at Just Helmets. I discussed with him what I wanted over the weekend and hey presto mine's on its way to me as we speak.
I ordered the C4 Legacy Yellow, advanced comms, extra battery and the remote.

Top service!

Mine was pre-ordered through Pete. To be fair I've not contacted him for a couple of weeks so I'll give him a call later today.

Iain

So my thoughts on the C4 having used it for commuting in this morning (20miles)....

1. Higher at the back of my head so felt the cold more this morning when compared to my Arai
2. Visor fogged badly and wouldn't clear
3. Pop down "sun glasses" fog up too
4. Chin strap is comfortable
5. Schuberth logos either side of the face pads are stickers which one has come off already. Shame. Would have been good if it were stitched
6. Helmet hair was worse!
7. Wind noise was a lot less than my Arai, but I wasn't blown away (no pun intended)
8. Very light

Critical list looking back at it. It's a good helmet, but I had very high expectations for it and waited what seemed forever for it to be released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might want to try Pete at Just Helmets. I discussed with him what I wanted over the weekend and hey presto mine's on its way to me as we speak.
I ordered the C4 Legacy Yellow, advanced comms, extra battery and the remote.

Top service!

I tried Just Helmets before ordering from Italy. I was told that stock was all allocated and that I'd have to wait for another shipment to the UK. Didn't get any indication as to when that might be so went somewhere which could tell me.

Just been in touch with Pete at JustHelmets. He has a couple of suggestions that may help, although he is apologetic about timescales for a delivery of my chosen colour. Good service from him though.

apparently he's been innundated with orders and enquiries for this lid.....but thankfully my yellow one is on its way to me today!

Word of warning...

Make sure that the battery cover is secure, (and the comms cover if you haven't got your comms unit fitted). I lost mine on the third day.

To be honest I may not have clicked it home properly when I was showing someone.
I should have had my glasses on. Lesson learned, but Bikestop replaced the cover without quibble.

Still very happy with mine, just noticed that the top vent has three positions rather than the C3's two.

Also found out that the smal metal clip beside the sun visor slider is to allow the rider a choice of final stop positions, lower or higher.

Handy if you've a large nose!!

As far as helmet hair is concerned, its no worse than the C3, and When I need to avoid it- travelling to the office - I wear a thin EDZ head cover
LINKY
Its really not the type of thing I want to be see wearing but it does the job.

Hi Everyone, Just found out there is another delivery into Tran Am on Friday, sorry if I sound vauge on the phone re shipments but Tran am just dont know what is coming in from Schuberth, stock is just randomly turning up and in turn I dont know what I will be allocated. I would much rather under promise than build up hopes and let people down but I will be intouch with all back orders on Tues with a update. As a small business I really appreciate the trade thankyou Pete Just Helmets

C4 Legacy Orange! Arrived today all the way from Italy. About 5d from order to delivery so happy with that.

Helmet is so far great, but have only run around the living room with it on. Chin strap is as I'm sure you know not a d-ring, but easy to use and I'm sure I'll get on fine with it. Sizing wise it seems fine. Come from a large Arai to a large Schuberth and all good. Smells nice inside too

I'll let you know how I get on with it on the road in a couple of days. Comms kit should arrive later this week too so will include a review for that too

af015e0c870070b4171077aae49ee24e.jpg

bc9ec7bd7eab6d0101f4944bc0f70079.jpg

83e284536d6f7be9ed2aac565c888731.jpg

058c647854f48dc4e5243d88e142729f.jpg

7d413136b2d3d6345530094e5eb5b03b.jpg

e9520a29f179c15210661f0329effa12.jpg

The only question I have though is as this is my first flip up helmet, are you supposed to put it on/off with it flipped up or down - or doesn't it matter? It more comfortable so far with it up.

I'm tempted to get one but just wondering how size and fit compares to a Neotec,in which I'm a Large.

A Large comes up as 58-59 and I think Shoei is 59-60.

Has anybody gone from Shoei to Schuberth? Need to try one on but guessing I might be in between sizes ?

I'd like the orange too but it's not available in U.K. ? Which site did you use in Italy ?

Can Pete not get this colour ?

I'm tempted to get one but just wondering how size and fit compares to a Neotec,in which I'm a Large.

A Large comes up as 58-59 and I think Shoei is 59-60.

Has anybody gone from Shoei to Schuberth? Need to try one on but guessing I might be in between sizes ?

I'd like the orange too but it's not available in U.K. ? Which site did you use in Italy ?

Can Pete not get this colour ?

So I measured my head and I was a 58.5. I think my Arai was 59-60 and the c4 was/is bob on.

As I understand it Orange will not be available in the U.K hence why I went abroad. I used Motostorm. Can't fault them really to be honest. Delivery quicks and comms absolutely fine.

For anyone interested I've had a couple of goes now with the comms kit. There is definitely an order to pairing phone GPS, get it the wrong way round and it's crackly sound - get it right and it is bob on. Sound volume and quality is IMO great for a helmet. Helmet would not connect to my Mac so could not configure that way, but by Bluetooth and using the app fine. I do find the buttons a bit 'painful' to use and the sequencing and position on the helmet not great, but expect it something that you get used to.

Enjoy!

Shame that colour isn't to be a UK option I kind of like asbo orange pink.

So I measured my head and I was a 58.5. I think my Arai was 59-60 and the c4 was/is bob on.

As I understand it Orange will not be available in the U.K hence why I went abroad. I used Motostorm. Can't fault them really to be honest. Delivery quicks and comms absolutely fine.

For anyone interested I've had a couple of goes now with the comms kit. There is definitely an order to pairing phone GPS, get it the wrong way round and it's crackly sound - get it right and it is bob on. Sound volume and quality is IMO great for a helmet. Helmet would not connect to my Mac so could not configure that way, but by Bluetooth and using the app fine. I do find the buttons a bit 'painful' to use and the sequencing and position on the helmet not great, but expect it something that you get used to.

Enjoy!

Ok thanks for info.

Has anybody gone from Shoei to Schuberth? ?

I'm a shoei fan, xspirit and neotec I'm a medium 57-58 and brought a c3 pro in a large 58-59 fit is perfect, I was told you have to go up one size for schuberth lids.

I'd like the orange too but it's not available in U.K. ? Which site did you use in Italy ? Can Pete not get this colour ?

Arsey, if not available in UK then for this colour scheme Motostorm advertised price is 749 Euros. It is £617.32 here www.athleteshop.co.uk/schuberth-c4-legacy-motorcycle-helmet-black-orange-278715 and also saw another Google ad saying enter SCHUBERTH-DISCOUNT for 15% off which would make it £524.72. Again limited sizes available currently though you can enter your e-mail and they will notify you when in stock. Downside is they do not appear to stock the Comms units which when bought as part of the Helmet are sold VAT Free so without this you would lose the £32 Standard /£47 Advanced VAT 'saving' if you had to buy the Comms Unit separately.

Arsey, if not available in UK then for this colour scheme Motostorm advertised price is 749 Euros. It is £617.32 here www.athleteshop.co.uk/schuberth-c4-legacy-motorcycle-helmet-black-orange-278715 and also saw another Google ad saying enter SCHUBERTH-DISCOUNT for 15% off which would make it £524.72. Again limited sizes available currently though you can enter your e-mail and they will notify you when in stock. Downside is they do not appear to stock the Comms units which when bought as part of the Helmet are sold VAT Free so without this you would lose the £32 Standard /£47 Advanced VAT 'saving' if you had to buy the Comms Unit separately.

Nice one !!!

The only size they have is a 61 which may be my size.

Hopefully going to try one on this afternoon here in Germany.

I can order that comms unit from Peter at Just Helmets and get VAT off anyway as I live in Guernsey.

Job done !!

Popped into Polo Motorrad store. Tried on an L and far too tight then an XL and fit was great . If anything it's a tad snugger than my L Neotec.

Just ordered using that link above as they only had XL in orange in stock !! That 15% code worked so got it posted for £532 compared to a list price of £599 .

Thanks again for the link !!

Enjoy!

Just a question. I have always paired everything through my GPS unit (Zumo 590). Just makes it easier when using phone in my mind because I can use the GPS menu to look for numbers and dial. With the new SC1 system I intend to do the same, SC1 to GPS, Phone to GPS. Anyone got any tips for what the best combination is or is it purely personal preference?

I also want to use the radio and link to other Sena users. I have my own music loaded onto the Zumo as well.

Just a question. I have always paired everything through my GPS unit (Zumo 590). Just makes it easier when using phone in my mind because I can use the GPS menu to look for numbers and dial. With the new SC1 system I intend to do the same, SC1 to GPS, Phone to GPS. Anyone got any tips for what the best combination is or is it purely personal preference?

I also want to use the radio and link to other Sena users. I have my own music loaded onto the Zumo as well.

Your proposal would work absolutely fine. The only reason I have paired phone to helmet too is to stream Spotify. As I mentioned earlier, when you pair/connect, I think there is an optimum order to do that.

Schuberth C4

just arrived from Just Helmets!
Perfect!

Attachments

• IMG_1731.jpg
    IMG_1731.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_1733.jpg
    IMG_1733.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_1735.jpg