B.O.A.T. nr Osmotherley

ShaunC

Reaction score
I went to look at this boat yesterday (the long line south of Osmotherley) but about a mile in near the forest there was a sign saying NO MOTORBIKES.
Is this just a scare tactic or true?
Does anyone fancy doing it one weekday before the weather turns?

Screenshot%206.png

I went to look at this boat yesterday (the long line south of Osmotherley) but about a mile in near the forest there was a sign saying NO MOTORBIKES.
Is this just a scare tactic or true?
Does anyone fancy doing it one weekday before the weather turns?

Screenshot%206.png

Verboten - it is Black Hambleton Drove Road, an ancient highway where they would bring cattle/sheep down from Weardale and Scotland

It has a TRO banning vehicles and has had for the last 12-15 years, so no you can't do it on a bike or 4x4

You can walk it or use a mountain bike to traverse

Back in the day I used to ride it, but the National Park have now closed it to vehicles

The 2 at the bottom of the screen - in an inverted fork, shown on your map are allowable

However I would only do the left hand section on a GS, the right side has some jagged rocks which are quite nasty on a big bike

Thanks for that, I guess that website I looked at is out of date ��

Thanks for that, I guess that website I looked at is out of date ��

Only by 15 years:D

Best check NY Moors National Park Website, plus Trailwise

More info here, showing permanent TRO on Black Hambleton, at foot of this web page

http://www.northyorkmoors.org.uk/visiting/enjoy-outdoors/adventure-activities/off-road-driving

If anyone wants to know anything just ask me and also a few others on here like 2gses, who have a good knowledge of the Green Road network in these parts

I had a few rides out with you guys a month or two back when you met in Stamford bridge and Wetherby. Chris took us up some green lanes (one near Sutton bank) which got me interested in doing more. Steadysteve and me did Ruddland rigg a few weeks ago and I am just trying to find more easy/ medium lanes. I am on a 1200gs tu.

Tomorrow any good Shaun?
I was going to post on here to see if anyone wanted a ride out tmoz? Havent been up to Osmotherley for a while...

I had a few rides out with you guys a month or two back when you met in Stamford bridge and Wetherby.

Chris took us up some green lanes (one near Sutton bank) which got me interested in doing more. That's the left hand one one the inverted fork, you wouldn't want to try the right hand side

Steadysteve and me did Ruddland rigg a few weeks ago and I am just trying to find more easy/ medium lanes. I am on a 1200gs tu.

Aha, I remember

It's hard to recommend 1200 type lanes, because if it's dry they can be fine - but after rain then it's a different proposition

Also I don't take my GSA offroad, so don't really know the full capability of them

Oky doky, cheers JB. It's got a TRO, so restraint would be good, as we don't want to give the Park Rangers any ammo:thumby:

What about the one you mentioned a few weeks ago near scaling dam? Would be on a gs..... Thanks

Aye the one from Danby Beacon towards Lealholm is fine, nice flat stony track

Tomorrow any good Shaun?
I was going to post on here to see if anyone wanted a ride out tmoz? Havent been up to Osmotherley for a while...

That could be good Steve. I need to go to work at 8am and if not much happens can be free for 9am ish. Do you want to ride up this way and continue on Whitby way or meet elsewhere? I have text my mate who i was out with the other day to see if he is free also. This is a little lane he showed me the other day :

[video]http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v99/shauncarvill/WP_20160913_004.mp4[/video]

if your doing the Danby beacon one you may as well do the old tank traps. Its just down the road on the corner where you go up to Danby beacon. It goes from that corner over to the junction for Commondale. Theres a few more around Kildale also where you can link up to the Rudland rig. I've done them on my gs.

Back
Top Bottom