Christ on a bike

I think they're on their even numbered insurance year where they try and have a laugh....They actually rang me again this week to see why i wasn't tempted by their £1100 renewal quote for an '83 R65 and an 06 GS1200....Even the guy was surprised it was so much....

Thought I would give CN another try this year but they wanted over a grand to insure my KTM and Scrambler :eek:

Stuck with Bikesure who got it below £230 ;)

Seems reasonable seeming as the bit of parchment with his proof of NCB has long since turned to dust.

............also when under occupation you put "Son of God" it tends to bump up the premium a fair bit ;)

Awww, I was expecting a picture of Christ on a bike or some sort of reasoned debate that if he did drive bikes that he would have preferred the 1150 model to the 1200 GSA. Being a purist and all ...

Can stuartw provide a picture or have some opinion on what kind of evil bike Mohammed might prefer?

Got my first renewal from Principal at £215 with a £350 excess.
As it was the first one thought I'd have a small phone round to see if was okay.
Carol Nash wanted £837 !! and were then surprised when I said No Thanks...
Now with ERS via Lynbrook at £187 and £250 excess - including breakdown cover.

This is my second year with CN. I have to say I like them because you can actually bargain with them. I know you shouldn't have to, but at least you can. I got a very good deal last year on my Deauville. I added the GS to the policy in September when I bought it. When it came up for renewal in June this year, I spent a bit of time on the phone with them and hammered another good deal out of them.

Since Carol herself passed away they have become money grabbing comedians.

I moved to Footman James who, after a couple of years, decided to tell me they don't do modern bikes anymore (my wifes '08 650 GS is obviously a classic then).

I've ended up with adelaide insurance via the IAM and they seem to be a sensible bunch.

This is my second year with CN. I have to say I like them because you can actually bargain with them. I know you shouldn't have to, but at least you can. ...
Which is ironically why i hate them. :rolleyes: No offence and good luck to you. :thumb2

Having spent many years, improving and confirming my own 'proof-of-competence' i.e;
doing star rider courses, becoming a star rider trainer, doing the RoSPA test, getting Gold, doing the Diploma course and keeping it current with a 3 yearly retest - oh, and training riders for the last 25 years!
None of which you get for nothing, it all took time and money ....
the last time i got a call from Carole Nash i asked "what exactly comes up on your screen about my "qualifications then?"
.... just "police rider" came the answer :blast:mad:

An actuary is supposed to calculate the premium not come with a speculative figure from which you haggle downwards. :anger

CN has gone downhill since the company was sold in 2006 to the French firm GROUPAMA .

Which is ironically why i hate them. :rolleyes: No offence and good luck to you. :thumb2

Having spent many years, improving and confirming my own 'proof-of-competence' i.e;
doing star rider courses, becoming a star rider trainer, doing the RoSPA test, getting Gold, doing the Diploma course and keeping it current with a 3 yearly retest - oh, and training riders for the last 25 years!
None of which you get for nothing, it all took time and money ....
the last time i got a call from Carole Nash i asked "what exactly comes up on your screen about my "qualifications then?"
.... just "police rider" came the answer :blast:mad:

An actuary is supposed to calculate the premium not come with a speculative figure from which you haggle downwards. :anger

I totally understand and agree with you. As you said, an actuary should be coming up with the premium based on your exact circumstances. Unfortunately, that isn't what happens. If you phone the same insurance company three times, you'll get three different quotes. The thing I like about Carole Nash is that they don't have a "take it or leave it" attitude - you can haggle them down. Of course, I disagree with it, in principle, but principle is the most expensive commodity known to man. :)

I must be in favour then. My Carol Nash 6-wheel policy renewal came through in the last couple of days. Not done anything about it until today but thought I would have a phone around. For one thing, true 6-wheel policies are not that common, other brokers were just wrapping two seperate quotes together.

1.6td Gold estate 59 plate.
2003 Adv
2003 Adv

Carol Nash renewal, with all up to date certificates for fast driving disclosed = £568.24

Direct Line - car only £478.00
Bike Sure wanted over £400 for the bikes alone....I don't think Carol Nash have done too badly actually.

Second for Principal, managed to get a '15 KTM690 and a '14 R1200GSA LC covered for £257 on a multibike policy.
Bennets wanted £229 for the KTM alone and the BM jumped to £752 because they moved my 9 years no claims to the cheaper bike and left me with 1 year on the GSA.:rolleyes:

Just swapped from Bennetts (Aviva) to Motorcycle Direct (Aviva) 2015 RTLC, 5000 miles fully comp, prot bonus, £250 excess...
Garaged, IAM Pass. 9 yrs ncb.

Princely sum of £106 including credit card 2%.

I'll only know if I have to claim if they're any good.

Back
Top Bottom