To The Balkans and Back

Sorry to read about your change in circumstances but this just doesn't seem right after watching your adventure this morning.

Can nothing be done man ?

I hear you! I definitely developed an unhealthy attachement (to what is fundamentally an inanimate object) during the trip. It really felt like I looked after it and it looked after me, in a weird way that I still can't explain. The weekend we got back I went away with the wife (in the car) for a night in the lakes, I woke up in the middle of the night confused and said in a panicked voice "where are the bikes!?"

Better to have loved and lost than not to have loved at all, right...

I hear you! I definitely developed an unhealthy attachement (to what is fundamentally an inanimate object) during the trip. It really felt like I looked after it and it looked after me, in a weird way that I still can't explain. The weekend we got back I went away with the wife (in the car) for a night in the lakes, I woke up in the middle of the night confused and said in a panicked voice "where are the bikes!?"

Here's the thing about "inanimate" objects. When they facilitate emotional life changing experiences they become so much more than objects.

Thanks for sharing your adventure

+1 agree. ... though it sucks, all we hope for is your next adventure on a newer bike. Good luck with the sale though. Not sure if you posted it on the for sale section on here.

Fantastic videos Joe cheered me up no end,many thanks for posting.
Great job of editing,must have taken you hours.

Brilliant video, hoping to go to the Balkans next year so really interesting. Very well produced, we know how long it takes to edit hours of video footage having tried it ourselves so really well done, loved every minute.

Great videos - really enjoyed them...good luck with future plans. :beerjug:

Fantastic video and a great sound track at just the right level, really appreciate the time you've put into those. As a contractor, I feel your pain. Fingers crossed for you it picks up mate.

Loved seeing some of the places I've been to from a completely different perspective. They've kept me smiling today. I've been up the Transfagaras in both the snow (In a ski lift!) and the sunshine, but that was lunacy! Fair play to you on episode 2!

Watched the full set.
You have the same rigorous approach to continental touring as me and me mates.... and as you say 'we're still alive'...

Great set of videos, wish I could be arsed to do the same. (Filming that is)

:beerjug:

Great videos, really enjoyed them. Boating on Garda looked fun.

Can you do a summary of equipment used for filming? I'd like to know what cameras, how both side of intercom got onto soundtrack, what computer specs you used for editing. And if you feel like it what boots and did they keep the weather out?

Cheers, you seem like top blokes.

Ride on the right! Ride on the right! :) Great video, some great roads with some good laughs along the way!

Another BIG thanks for the effort and obvious commitment to produce this excellent set of clips, if I am honest with you I had wrongly thought, this guy has paid a production company to do the editing , I only found the clips a few days ago whilst researching next years holiday options, I have now watched all of them twice over and sent a link to a few mates who I know will enjoy them.

How great would it be to be able to have a prequel video showing your journey through from the conception of the trip its planning the acquisition of the bikes and the kit, and the route planning process.
Good luck with your work situation and I will watch out for more clips on your You tube channel.

Brilliant videos, thanks for all your efforts!
I did a similar tour this summer [c. 5000miles too] (and last year) but I go alone and my videos don't look a patch on yours.
I've still to do something with them all.
I video scenery with the camera mounted on the crashbars (also a TC TB GSA) and I don't get the interaction and banter you guys achieved.
Thanks again.

Great vid , can I ask a couple of questions please.We are doing Istanbul and back in May, what intercoms were you using and what did you record it to ? and why the tyre change and finally where do you think your card as cloned. Which country did you enjoy most and least

Mike

Went thru the videos again and even after so many months the banter between the two of you is refreshing.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom