To The Balkans and Back

Just watched parts 1 and 2 ... really good !!!! Well done on the video editing and I thoroughly enjoyed them. Thanks for putting it altogether and sharing with the forum. People like you give me the kick up the arse I need to get out there and do some "proper" touring :D

Ace. Really enjoyed the vids. Wouldn't usually take time to watch summat that long but being laid up in bed with flu does have benefits after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ukgser stopped notifying me of activity on threads for some reason, I accused it had just gone quite, so I've not been on since last year. Thank you all again for all the praise! It's good knowing that it's giving others some entertainment.

Great videos, really enjoyed them. Boating on Garda looked fun.

Can you do a summary of equipment used for filming? I'd like to know what cameras, how both side of intercom got onto soundtrack, what computer specs you used for editing. And if you feel like it what boots and did they keep the weather out?

Cheers, you seem like top blokes.

Cheers man. We both had a Sena 10c each, both sides of the intercom get recorded as standard, very easy to use, bit buggy but still recommend. Most of my video diary bit were done on my iPhone6, Rich had a hand held digi cam corder, I forget the brand but you can tell when we were using it if you look close the quality is way better. The best camera is always the one you've got with you though.

Did the editing on a iMac on iMovie, tried a couple of others first, iMovie only did 90% of what I wanted it to but was 500% easier to use that the others.

My boots were sidi adventures, top kit, pricy (I got my used on eBay) but really great gear.

Great vid , can I ask a couple of questions please.We are doing Istanbul and back in May, what intercoms were you using and what did you record it to ? and why the tyre change and finally where do you think your card as cloned. Which country did you enjoy most and least

Mike

We used Sena 10C, as I've said before they were a bit buggy. It wouldn't recognize the SD card a hand full of times and I had to pull over and take the card out and put it back in. By week 4 neither of them would take a charge from the bike, never worked out why (cable? Socket?) mine refused to work with the phone app after a while so couldn't change a number of setting. All that said, as far as I'm aware there is nothing else on the market that does what they do with the easy that they do it, let alone for the price, cam and coms in one. Although buggy, we both said they were the best thing we bought for the trip. When taking a charge from bike, the video tagging function was priceless.

Both our rear tires were a bit worn when we set of but still had a few thousand miles in them. By Vienna the general consensus between us and a guy at BMW was they had another thousand or two, so we just though we'll get them now and change them when we need them as not to waist that last of the old tire... and let's be honest riding around with a spare tire on the back of the bike is just about the coolest thing I will ever do, or look like the biggest twat depending on your point of view... it felt good anyway and while it would have been relatively cheap to avoid it actually worked out well.

No idea about the card although we were told to watch out for petrol stations..

No sure about least favorite... but Slovenia was the biggest surprise, it was lovely and I'd really like to go back. It's too subjective to give you any meaningful recommendations.

really enjoyed those, looks like you had a great time and plenty of laughs. thanks for sharing lads :clap:thumb

Back
Top Bottom