Alaska 2017 with Dalton Highway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
The "big one" is back by popular demand. I've been asked a few times whether I'd run the Santa Rosa - Prudhoe Bay - Santa Rosa trip again so with the help of Gary from Adventure Bike Warehouse (Skygod), we will be running this again summer 2017.

It's a fantastic 4 week trip and takes you to some unrforgettable places as well as being a great test of man and machine. It's the kind of trip Adventure bikes were designed for and here are some brief details:

Depart Santa Rosa California on Saturday 15th July 2017
Return to Santa Rosa on Friday 11th August 2017
Mileage will be approx 8000 with 95% road. The Dalton Highway and Top of the World Highways have sections of hard packed dirt but some of the roads up in the Yukon and Alaska can be rough.

Highlights are: Pacific Coast Highway, Mt St Helens, Hwy 99, Salmon Tail Glacier, Alcan Highway, Dalton Highway to Prudhoe Bay, Top of the World Highway, Dawson City, Jasper, Icefields Parkway, Banff, Waterton, Glacier National Park, Rattlesnake Canyon, Lolo Pass and the fantastic Crater Lake. As someone once said, it's the best 30 days riding of your life!!

Bikes will be shipped in and out of Santa Rosa California in a 40 ft container so you will lose them for 4 weeks either end of the trip. You can ship all your bike gear etc with you bike so can fly in and out with hand luggage and there are easy connections to San Francisco International Airport. Your bike will be unloaded and waiting for you and at the end of the trip, you drop it off and we will do the rest.

The way the trips work is we pre book all the motels which you pay for as we go along along with your food, fuel etc etc. The shipping is paid for upfront. You will have fully detailed mapping and routing and for the trips. You basically turn up and ride your bike and have the ride of your life.

PM me your email address and I'll send you all the details. There are limited places on this so be quick!!

Grab a coffee and have a read through these trip reports for previous trips:

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...aska-and-back-July-2012?highlight=Alaska+2012

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/314963-Alaska-2012-videos?highlight=Alaska+2012

Attachments

• Dalton28.jpg
    Dalton28.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,197
  • Dalton47.jpg
    Dalton47.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,169
  • Salmon tail.jpg
    Salmon tail.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,132
  • Westminster2.JPG
    Westminster2.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,152
  • Teslin bridge.jpg
    Teslin bridge.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,229
Hey Sgt Bilko

I'm new to this forum, so apologies i don't do things right!

The trip looks great!

I'd like the details but don't want to post my email address.....is this a private message? If not can you post your email address?

Thanks

Simon

Trip sounds great - I've covered most of it (not the Dalton though); anyone going on it will have a brilliant time!
I love the Lolo Pass - it's just Heaven on a bike!
I recognise that bridge - "fond" memories.

HAve a good one!

Guys

I've had a lot of people asking me about this trip but without doing the Dalton Highway.

I've had a good look at it and instead of running the Dalton Highway, we would leave the group at Watson lake and will loop around to Anchorage and take in Skagway, Valdez, Anchorage and Homer which are all fantastic places to visit.

This now opens it up to any sort of bike and not just GS types as this option is 100% road with a very short section of hard packed dirt which isn't an issue. You would be able to do it on anything from a CB500 to a Wing.

If you are interested, PM me with your email address and I'll send you the details.

There seems to have been a bit of confusion here and I my not have been as clear as I could have been so, just to confirm that we will still be doing the Dalton Highway on this trip but there will be an option for road only if you want to.

The 2 groups will split up after Watson Lake with the road group heading to Skagway and the Dalton group heading to Fairbanks and the mighty Ice Road.

We will regroup in Fairbanks to carry on with the schedule. The different stories and experiences should be good listening over a few beers.

I trust you all had a good Christmas and New Year. Now all that's over we can get down to the real business of trips for 2017. As I've mentioned, we will have a pre trip meeting to go through all the details. It also gives us a great opportunity to meet each other and ask any questions you need to.

The date will be Saturday 4th February 2017 and the details are as follows:

Adventure Bike Warehouse
Unit 5 Agecroft Enterprise Park
Swinton
Manchester
M27 8WA

www.adventurebikewarehouse.com

I plan to start the presentation at 2.00pm and it will cover all our trips this summer.

If you are booked on one of the trips and you cannot make it for any reason, I will send you all the presentation notes via email so will be up to speed with everything.

Gary will knock up one of his infamous Chili's for the occasion and will have a wide range of adventure bike equipment and clothing on display so bring your credit cards.

Anyone is welcome to come to this and listen to me woffle on for a couple of hours about riding in the USA. It's a great way to clear away the winter blues and to have a good chat with like minded folk.

If you are interested in a trip in the future or just want to know about riding in North America come along and I'll be able to answer any questions you might have.

Attachments

• Dalton1.jpg
    Dalton1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 349
  • Redwoods2.jpg
    Redwoods2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 344
  • Betty's cafe sign.JPG
    Betty's cafe sign.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 289
Jaysus, I would give my left bollick to do this trip but unfortunately a month off work is not an option at this stage of my life.

Enjoy lads, I'm very jealous.

Sent from a OnePlusX

I trust you all had a good Christmas and New Year. Now all that's over we can get down to the real business of trips for 2017. As I've mentioned, we will have a pre trip meeting to go through all the details. It also gives us a great opportunity to meet each other and ask any questions you need to.

The date will be Saturday 4th February 2017 and the details are as follows:

Adventure Bike Warehouse
Unit 5 Agecroft Enterprise Park
Swinton
Manchester
M27 8WA

www.adventurebikewarehouse.com

I plan to start the presentation at 2.00pm and it will cover all our trips this summer.

If you are booked on one of the trips and you cannot make it for any reason, I will send you all the presentation notes via email so will be up to speed with everything.

Gary will knock up one of his infamous Chili's for the occasion and will have a wide range of adventure bike equipment and clothing on display so bring your credit cards.

Anyone is welcome to come to this and listen to me woffle on for a couple of hours about riding in the USA. It's a great way to clear away the winter blues and to have a good chat with like minded folk.

If you are interested in a trip in the future or just want to know about riding in North America come along and I'll be able to answer any questions you might have.
Have you considered uploading a video of the briefing?
I can't do the trip this year or get to your presentation, but it's on my wish list for the future.

Oneplus 2 = my phone

I went to last years - although possible to record, in my opinion it lends itself more to "being there". I appreciate your not able to get there but Chris is pretty good at holding these events in readiness for the years adventure. I attended the last one (and can recommend the chilli). That aside, if you are serious about going - drop Chris an email and arrange a 1-2-1 chat with him. A more amenable fellow would be hard to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom