Peak off road ride?

Xchallenge

Reaction score
Just seeing if anyone fancies a bash on the trails around the peaks? Bakewell/Matlock area

I will be available in about a month

I know plenty of tracks to make a run for a couple of hours, smaller bikes would be better!

I can't do mid week at the moment but I'm expecting that to change in the near future.

And me - but I am on an 1150 with little off road experience - and turances.
I could make an easy route for you, gpx the file and send it you, but I was thinking of more aggressive bikes for this ride out

An 'aggressive bike' in my opinion is one which was primarily designed for off road

An 'aggressive bike' in my opinion is one which was primarily designed for off road

Oh, OK. This GPX file - what do I do with it, please? I am sure Lee will help me out if it is too techy for me. I am an old git who struggles with modern stuff like mobile phones and gadgets. :rob

Have you got a garmin?

If you own one you can load it on via a pc or Mac to the device

It will then be viewable as a track to follow in either direction depending where you are.

Where are you based? I haven't made a track but can throw something together depending on location

Right so is anyone available next week for a greenlane ride out?

I'm flexible on the day but needs to be Tuesday onwards and I prefer the early morning!

Sorry - only just seen the reply.
Yes I have a Garmin, but I have never plugged it into the computer - Lee did, and it all went haywire and he then spent a couple of hours trying to untangle it (NOT MY DOING FOR A CHANGE!!)

I know how to put a post code into it, that is as far as I have got, I don't know how to use any other part of it's capability.

I was hoping to go and explore up around the Back of Ecton tomorrow, it is close to family farming country, but I have never seen it. Apparently there is a tunnel under the road up there somewhere. I did go to the Wetton Mill cafe once, we stumbled on it by accident, but I haven't been able to find it again because I don't actually know where we were! I have fishing on the upper Dove and I was looking to go and find it and have a dabble, but it is all 'unknown territory'. I have the White Peak OS liesure map out at the moment (4cm to 1km), trying to work out where our fishing is and how to get there.

I would love for someone to show me the lanes in that area one day. I enjoyed my day with Skygod, but have no idea where we were, I can't remember the name of the town we started from!

I go out fairly often so your welcome to tag along. Would you be able to meet me at say chatsworth estate? Depending on speed and breaks my loop takes about 2-3 hours from there and will finish up near Hathersage

I go out fairly often so your welcome to tag along. Would you be able to meet me at say chatsworth estate? Depending on speed and breaks my loop takes about 2-3 hours from there and will finish up near Hathersage

I'll probably be out on Friday the 30th if anyone fancies it - im a steady Eddie so be warned ;)

11fcf643dfe2c8e14b8668d6f5755839.jpg

Beautiful morning for it!

Working in Cornwall this weekend. keep me posted though for other days - and easy trails, nothing too technical because it will be my first time. I have the little 650 single now, with 50/50 tyres to go with it!

Back
Top Bottom