2000 km in 18 hours

patzx12

Reaction score
This is my best day's tally in 45 years.
Costa Del Sol to the Cherbourg ferry.
Fill up every 160 to 170km a right pain but i got it down to a fine art.
Tolls a pain.
Bike was faultless and total comfort, no aches or pains except for my dodgy big toe. The best seat in motorcycling, no standing on the pegs calastetics.
Hitting the 6am Monday rush hour in Madrid was not fun, hard to filter in the dark with cars zipping everywhere.
The hills over Burgos were cold. big rain crossing the border and up to Bordeaux.
No time for food, one cafe con leche and one cafe o'lait + half a litre of water.
Start at 2.30am in the Quick fast food restaurant at 20:30

... I get it, very satisfying.

Why such a short fuel range, what bike where you on?

My last long trip had c120km fill up as you say you develop a fine art :D

Nope, I don't get it either. I can't imagine concentrating hard for that long at those speeds.

I can only imagine that "my best day's tally" is that you managed to survive death. With only "one cafe con leche and one cafe o'lait" in 18 hours of high speed driving you must have been an accident waiting to happen by the time you reached Cherbourg. No doubt you would have been expecting our sympathy had that accident occurred.

That is an average of 111km/h or almost 65mph. You would've driven at crazy speeds to reach that average. Wow! :bow (if you're reporting it accurately) :D

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not my idea of fun.

We're taking a week to do Costa del Sol to Bilbao, with no long days riding, an extra day in Segovia for a bit of a look round and 2 days in the Picos. Lots of stops for photos, cafes con leche, agua sin gas and fine food. Hotels each night, shower each evening after a day's ride. Luxury.

I bet we enjoy ourselves more.

Attachments

• 20160920_120454.jpg
    20160920_120454.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,119
An average speed over the total time of 69mph. Eleven stops for fuel and two coffee's dotted in must have added up to at least an hour so 2000Km in 17 hours = 73mph. On that plastic framed piece of history that is some performance. Not for me though. Glad that you arrived safely.

What a beauty, and fair play for blasting it through Spain/France.:beerjug:

With a bike like that I'de have been to scared, incase I got it dirty.:D

Attachments

• 20160920_120454.jpg
    20160920_120454.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,107
No time for food, one cafe con leche and one cafe o'lait + half a litre of water.

From a safety perspective I'd rather not fill up with petrol than not eat...

...but that's just my opinion :D
Nice CBX and congrats on making it back :thumb2

You're a bloody liability doing that! Riding dehydrated and tired isn't big or clever especially speeding. I did 720 miles in one day last week and drank at least 3 litres of water and had regular food and coffee stops. We'll done for not killing anybody though!!

Nice CBX dude. If I had to cover that distance quickly though I would just take a flight - bikes are for pleasure not pain but each to their own.

Good effort! I've done close to that in the comfort of a very comfortable car, but wouldn't fancy it on a bike at all.

Impressive.

I did 1500km in two days once and felt fresh as a daisy and ready to do more. That was on a R1150GSA though.
Ignore the naysayers, we all have our own ways of enjoying motorcycles.

Back
Top Bottom