Drift Stealth 2

Bungy

Reaction score
I wouldn't normally write something like this but if it helps someone else then it is worthwhile. I recently bought the above mentioned camera after thinking about it for a while and liking the advertised features and size. It cost £99 and although not cheap it isn't at the top end of the price range for helmet cameras.

In short it was a mistake and it is going back to the shop today. None of the attachments allow a positive fitment to my helmet (Arai Tour X) and the APP available for it as it has no viewing screen only shows half a screen. Both of those features of its design could be annoying but even worse is the field of view and camera functionality. I'm sure there may be others that like the camera and it works perfectly well for them but I'm really disappointed and unsure what to go for next.

I was unimpressed with the thing - mine froze after a couple of uses and it was sent back. Incidentally, I wasn't impressed with the quality of video - it's better from my iPhone

I use one every day, doesn't have the functionality of the larger Ghost, but ii find it great as a daily cam. Pics below on a Tour X if its of any use? I used the curve mount. Also a pic of the field of view (excuse the dead bug on the lens)

That is where I have tried offering mine up to in the same position. I haven't stuck it on as I already had concerns over wether to keep it or not. Do you use the APP to view the camera output? I can see you have the lense tilted over slightly from upright and do you use it in DVR mode?

Ive tried the app, but its crap. It wont stream fast enough and gets stuck. It was the same with the old app for the other cameras, its useless but did work OK just for setting up the camera. Having just googled DVR mode i will now haha !! :D

Use mine on an Arai Tour X without any problems, same as CrotchRocket... I think it's a great little daily commute camera. I use it in Car DVR Manual Mode.

Ride magazine has tested a few cameras this month. The Drift didn't do very well.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The only problems I have with the Drift Stealth 2 are the cold temps cause it to stop recording. I'm told the minimum temp is 10C which sounds about right in my experience. Not sure how other helmet cams of a similar size and feature list compares in terms of lowest operating temps, such as the Sena 10C.

The only problems I have with the Drift Stealth 2 are the cold temps cause it to stop recording. I'm told the minimum temp is 10C which sounds about right in my experience. Not sure how other helmet cams of a similar size and feature list compares in terms of lowest operating temps, such as the Sena 10C.

I changed the SD card and all works fine, even in low temps. The old card must have shit the bed!

I've used mine for over a year now without any issue. I also have the Drift HD. I use the HD as the head cam and put the Stealth on the bike. Video quality is not an issue
( I assume you have used all the settings of quality to see the difference :nenau)

I always playback using an adapter for the laptop but then I like to create the odd vlog (look up FlamigT on YouTube) every now and then so don't bother with the screen.

Each to there own but if you really dislike the Drift brand, try GoPro... don't go for the '5' though... very bad write ups since it's recent release. :beerjug:

Agree with all Flaming T said. (Will look up your Vlogs) as for playback, I just shove them on the computer, I don't think any action cam out there will give you a good playback with the size and resolution of the inbuilt screen.

Back
Top Bottom