BOOK "From Estonia With Love"

Tsiklonaut

GS pervert
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
We know it has been a truly long time, but we are finally about to get the book about our round-the-world adventure published in English! It is really embarrassing that it took such a long time, but it seems that it might just have been worth the wait - the book that we published in our mother tongue, Estonian, was awarded the Travel Book of the Year.

IMG_9745_s.jpg

IMG_9746_s.jpg

IMG_9779_s.jpg

It will be hard cover premium full-color paper book, 320 pages, one book weighs over 1kg, hence we've really put a lot of work and effort into design, selection of materials. A layout that combines a nice coffee table photobook with a textbook of tales from adventures from remotest places of the World.

So, if it hasn’t been too long for you, and you are still interested, there are two options for getting your hands on that freshly printed book:

1) throw in a punch on our kickstarter project
2) buy it when it becomes available on Amazon (hopefully around December)

The book should be ready for shipping in the beginning of December, so right on time for Christmas ;)

Thanks for following our thread, and happy trails!

Margus and Kariina

I have waited patiently for this book and it will be Mrs K's christmas present to me (I have not told her yet!)

Thanks for the heads up Margus. The pics already he will be worth whatever the cover price is.

Good luck with the sale Margus. I'm just getting into reading the forum threads.:thumb

And by the look of the pictures on your Kickstart page. you have a very good eye for photography.

And by the look of the pictures on your Kickstart page. you have a very good eye for photography.

The best. I have found myself staring into his pics for ages - the clarity and detail are wonderful.

Awesome pics!

Didn't the UKGSER fraternity help put Margus back on the road all the years ago when his bike was damaged?

I'm sure there's a thread about it somewhere.

Understatement of the year.

If you haven't already done so, have a read of the threads here... should keep you entertained for a while.

Thanks for the link, in all fairness i am not qualified to say whether some ones photographs are outstanding or just very good hence the you have a very good eye for photography,

Bump.

Just 'supported'.
I'm very surprised at the lack of response, given the generosity shown us by Margus and Kariina.
I've certainly got more than i've given already. Just by following their travels on here! :thumb
Cant wait to get the book :bounce1 :)

I have waited patiently for this book and it will be Mrs K's christmas present to me (I have not told her yet!)

… or perhaps your christmas present to Mrs K? We have heard of couples fighting over who gets to read the book (the Estonian version) first :D

Good luck with the sale Margus. I'm just getting into reading the forum threads.:thumb

Thanks! I guess the ride report turned out quite massive, so take your time :)

Thanks for the heads up Margus. The pics already he will be worth whatever the cover price is.

The best. I have found myself staring into his pics for ages - the clarity and detail are wonderful.

Thanks for the link, in all fairness i am not qualified to say whether some ones photographs are outstanding or just very good hence the you have a very good eye for photography,

Thanks for the kind words! It was a major dilemma of ours, actually, when trying to decide the best format for the book - whether to produce two separate books (one with pictures only, and the other with text only), or to try to make them work together. It seems that the final “product” turned out quite nice though, with a lot of pictures, so you get both the story and the visuals. This, of course, means that it is quite a heavyweight - some 1,3 kilos (probably also due to heavier paper for better results).

Awesome pics!

Didn't the UKGSER fraternity help put Margus back on the road all the years ago when his bike was damaged?

I'm sure there's a thread about it somewhere.

That's correct, it was 11 years ago this month :thumb2

Farkinell...!!

That's a long time ago.

I think many of us on here felt their pain as if it was us that had been hit.

And never forgotten! It really is incredible what the UKGSer community did for us, and we are truly humbled by it. People stare at us in disbelief when we tell them the story. But yes, farkinell! 11 years!!! We would like to think that we have put the bike in good use meanwhile - it now has over 306 000 kilometers (although the odometer stopped working at 296 729 some time ago), and still running smooth and pulls like a train! Try that with your brand new WC :thumby:

IMG_1229_s.jpg

Supported!! :thumb2

Love your stuff. Bought . Thanks for sharing your journey. Very inspiring

Bump.

Just 'supported'.
I'm very surprised at the lack of response, given the generosity shown us by Margus and Kariina.
I've certainly got more than i've given already. Just by following their travels on here! :thumb
Cant wait to get the book :bounce1 :)

Huge thanks to all who’ve chipped in so far. We’ve still got a week left, so let’s hope we can raise the required amount before the project expires.

Margus & Kariina

Just did the deed - our paths crossed briefly in Mali; you were laid low & the bike I was planning to ride home was laid low. You recovered - it did not.

Attachments

• Mali.jpg
    Mali.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 565

Back
Top Bottom